Laughing City
ali
since 1979

i've just had a criminally satisfying couple of days. drove from austin to houston to see radiohead. they were phenomenal. i have some little low-quality video clips i caught with my camera when security wasn't looking. i will try to post a link to these soon.

crashed at my friend's place in houston (poor guy, got sick and couldn't make the show. his will call ticket is still sitting at the box office). drove straight from houston to dallas, for what would be my second eisley show. i left right after eisley's set, and now i've just gotten back from dallas, safe and sound, away from all of the crazy crazy houston and dallas drivers. eisley's show was amazing. the icing on the cake of my musical mid-week. brought my little bro. he'd never seen eisley. he loved it immensely.

so i really just wanted to thank the band, for playing their beautiful music, and waiting for me when my camera was being stupid, and signing stuff (even if you might not actually be on the recording). and i wanted to thank boyd for being the nicest guy ever. i'll be happy to help carry equipment again anytime Smile .. can't wait for the austin and houston shows!

oh and i also have pics/little video clips from the dallas show. if it's ok, and i get permission from somebody, i'll post these as well. and now i'm exhausted and will fall asleep. good night.

ptah
Sea Post King

Another wiz-bang performance from Eisley. All the new tunes are sounding wonderful. I brought four "newbies" to the Eisley experience, and they all came away very happy and impressed. The cd is good, but the live show goes that extra step (beyond).
Thanks for starting off the New Music Fest with some flare. I had a great time seeing some great music tonight. Austin may be the "live music capital of the world", but from what I saw tonight, Dallas could give it a run for it's money...
can't wait for tomorrow and Saturday...

P.

www.myspace.com/ptah
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
riley_kubly
Sea Post King

Are you saying Eisley put you to work? Thats awesome, I want to carry equipment, so Boyd if your reading this, You have some help when you all come to Cinci in november! haha.. its way too late.....
peace and love
Joined: 17 Jun 2003 | Posts: 27 | Location: Bloomington, IN
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

im seriously going to have to figure out some way to get to Cinncinati. this whole eisley not coming to chicago thing is just not going to cut it.
riley_kubly
Sea Post King

yeah I know it sucks, well especially for you, I was hoping they would be in chicago because I mean Ohio? please... haha,, even cinci is only 2 1/2 hours away from me and chi-town is 4, I love chicago and try to go there atleast once a month for anything, like a certain badly drawn boy concert coming up.
Joined: 17 Jun 2003 | Posts: 27 | Location: Bloomington, IN
Robby
Sea Post King

last night i heard something really cool.

on one of the newer songs, weston played kick and snare in regular 3/4 time, and concurrently, he played his (sleigh bells?) in 4/4.

I'm sure you drummers have a term for that kind of syncopation, but I just noticed it, and thought it was neat.

show was cool. bye bye.
ali
since 1979

i noticed that too, but i didn't know what i was noticing. it was quite cool.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

don't ya just call that playing triplets? thats what i always called it. but i was never very good at nomenclature.
PinLA
Sea Post King

I wanna carry equipment! I'm used to carrying my own gear, so I'd be extra careful.
Robby
Sea Post King

ilitherian wrote:
don't ya just call that playing triplets? thats what i always called it. but i was never very good at nomenclature.

That had crossed my mind, but the song was already in 3/4 time. so its like quad-lets, in a 3/4 world.

See, now I'm just talking nonsense...

Rolling Eyes
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

ah quadruplets? i think thats what ya call em. the viola section had to play quintuplets in orchestra once. that was neat. my sister plays this song on piano where it is thirteen notes stretched out of like three beats. i don't know what you call that. but it sounds neat.
boyd
Eisleyoid

I hijacked this thread since there are comments about this show all over the place. Thought I'd try to funnel some thoughts about eisley's set or any experiences you guys had into one caldron of digital ooze.

I will certainly post some images and try to cover the story in "Finding Eisley" like I always do (do try). And, as I've said somewhere on this forum today, I will try to grab video and slam down a QT movie of that very cool, mysterious song that Stacy and Sherri kicked the set off with. That's Stacy music/Sherri lyrics...but Weston gets the credit for the idea to do it.

All of you are amazing. Nobody in this house deserves you cool people. Ya'll are way cooler than us. But, it's awesome for us all to get to hang out and revel in music that we all like anyway. ohmygosh..the weather; amazing. No words to describe; The night...the air; the people; it was one of those I won't forget.

Again, thanks for being so cool everybody. Slamming gear in the trailer is fun. Who will help me white wash the fence next time? (JUST kidding)

bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

oh, you were kidding? (stands with paint cans and brush) .... (walks away disappointedly)
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Dang. And I love painting, too! My minor was art ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Carmdranga
Sea Post King

you can paint your guitar for me EF