Laughing City
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

Does anybody else think that Eisley needs to go back to Cornerstone next year?

I mean, this year just wan't the same without havin Weston to sit in our cauldron drinking lighter fluid!! And there was nobody to put dead frogs on our couch either.

Cornerstone needs more Eisley bands, and less Norma Jean bands.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

yes.

i think i could make cornerstone next year... since im in illinois now it would be quite feasible.
boyd
Eisleyoid

mainstage. with Pedro.
(but don't count on it.)

i love...repeat...i love Pedro's: "Control".

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
juan
Lost at Forum

thats just a few miles from my house, i'll be there if Eisley play. erm actually no i wont, just consulted my map and my calculations were slightly inaccurate, its a little more than a few miles, not sure exactly how inaccurate i was but, it wasnt as close as i thought.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Dude, you guys could totally play mainstage with pedro. I bet if you asked.......

Seriously......
boyd
Eisleyoid

nahh. that'd be weird. anyway, I was just kidding sorta. I hate to break it, but Eisley really doesn't fit in that market. Not by their choice...it's just - they write songs. Totally not Christian songs. Cornerstone is about Christian music... even though it's the coolest segment of that music culture. Then again, they let eisley play there 2 years ago; it was an amazing 3 shows, huh. i dunno.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
gRegor
the gEek

Personally I like to think that Cornerstone is beyond "Christian" music. Like Eisley, many bands there are creating art, using their talents, not reducing it to a formulaic sub-market that will buy anything based solely on the "C"-word (which is a noun by the way, erroneously used as an adjective).

Or in short, Eisley would totally fit in at Cornerstone and hopefully will again. Smile

Kit
Sea Post King

Eisley wouldn't be the first artist to play at C-Stone that don't exactly fit into that niche. I think Cornerstone isn't exactly about supporting artists who have Chrstianese in their lyrics. They are about supporting known artists who are both Christians and making genuine artistic statements. If C-Stone only allowed bands with a certain "Jesus per minute" quotient to play, then it probably would not be as big as it is today. Where else can bands like The 77s or L.S.U. play to an audience of 500 or more? Lots of artists who have basically shunned the Christian market have made exceptions for Cornerstone (P.O.D., Circle of Dust, Fleming and John, Over the Rhine)
nevaeh84
Sea Post King

i love pedro's control too.

i agree ya with ya boyd, it may be awkward...
but who knows.
Last edited by nevaeh84 on Thu Oct 30, 2003 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Husk35
Sea Post King

Boyd. I do think that Eisley on the main stage with Pedro the Lion would be a perfect fit. After all, David isn't a very conventional Christian music writer. I sorta see Eisley in the same ballpark. Although their music has fewer religious parallels than Pedro, I think they're still in the same ballpark. I mean, it is pretty evident in my mind that they are good Christian people. If they did end up playing the mainstage with Pedro, I think I would have to make the trip to see it. Me would likey a lot. You kids keep safe on the road.

Bird Dog

juan
Lost at Forum

i hope o dont offend anyone but playing a Christian festival? would non-Christian fans not then feel excluded from the music of Eisley, i know its only one festival, but, knowing the music press they would probably jump on this and then class Eisley as a Christian band, this may not be a good thing, and something that Eisley, or at least Boyd has said that is not what they want.

and i know you should take people for who they are, but many people wouldnt see it like that.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
gRegor
the gEek

Well I'm not offended, but I think if the press actually went to the festival (which is the only way they could seriously write anything about the band at the fest).. well, they'd be quite surprised.

Cornerstone is not your typical "Christian" fest. I hate using "Christian" as an adjective.. but the environment there is just.. not what you expect. Yeah, a majority of people there are Christians, but no.. not everyone is. I don't know, it's hard to describe.. but it just transcends the word "Christian", I think. They might be surprised to find real people striving to live their faith, falling down, learning, stretching, loving and - amazingly - not being hypocritical. Unlike the typical image of Christians ala televangelists. Heh heh Smile

POD has played there multiple times since they really "hit it big" and I don't believe it has hurt them at all.. because they make good music and are just real people. *shrug*