Laughing City
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

For those who don't check the journals often, she just posted something new.

Quote:
Find it with allegiance and prophecy.
Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:37 pm

"Allegiance!, Allegiance" I stamped and shook the
dumpsters where i hid my crutch steppers, actually they
were crutch walkers, But i kind of hubble around and don't
get that much done, except for when new people are
around. I could whine about the pits, but this is where i draw
up a chair and say "i've got it almost completely good, except for my body and a best friend" I've got the whole campsite looking for the iron that i threw in the lake.*snicker* "Prophets! prophets!" (I yell to them)
"You need telepathy! where is your inner eye! I only just threw it in thirty minutes ago!" It's okay, they will learn. We all will learn too.

Written by -Stacy Lynn.

I hate the word "Kudos".

Reference for when a band is really grooving or having
a severe jam sesh. "Wow, they're really taking it down to the river!"

posted by: Stacy | Permalink

What with my having just watched Narnia for the first time, and now reading this dialogue....I have the strangest images running through my head. Aslan and Susan searching for iron in the lake, while Mr. Tumnus hubbles around and doesn't get much done.

It's also quite late.

Kudos to Stacy for providing us with more interesting points to ponder.

Golly, Poster

Did you say "Kudos" on purpose, or did Stacy edit her entry after reading this topic you made?
Hahahah.

Sea Post King

my friend and i picked it apart.

we got 2 different stories out of it.

but that's all for your own self interpretation.

myspace.com/juddortiz
okay cace face.
Sea Post King

hahahah.

i was really amused by the "kudos" thing as well.

"i really hate the word kudos."

"KUDOS TO STACY!"

i'm just kidding.

but i am rather entertained by it.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Ryan Adams wrote:
Did you say "Kudos" on purpose, or did Stacy edit her entry after reading this topic you made?
Hahahah.

Her's came before mine.

Sea Post King

i vote that its nonsense. and i don't mean that in a necessarily bad way.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

There's no such thing as nonsense. Either she wrote the poem with a specific idea as to what was being said, or she was just spouting interesting phrases, but either way, there is sense to what is written. Whether it be a sense of purpose or a sense of wandering, disjoined unrelation.

Which is to say that even if we can't pull a meaning out of the relationship between the words and phrases, that alone leaves an entirely different kind of meaning. Confusion.

Sea Post King

OceanMachine wrote:
There's no such thing as nonsense. Either she wrote the poem with a specific idea as to what was being said, or she was just spouting interesting phrases, but either way, there is sense to what is written. Whether it be a sense of purpose or a sense of wandering, disjoined unrelation.

Which is to say that even if we can't pull a meaning out of the relationship between the words and phrases, that alone leaves an entirely different kind of meaning. Confusion.

let me respectfully disagree. i am a firm believer that 1. god rolls dice. 2.Not everything happens for a reason. 3. non sense is everywhere.

for example: the blue turtiswheel ran around the corner which was running around the blue turtiswheel which is actually a canopy of green lies scraping the dirt off of humanity's desire for macbook pro lust. total nonsense, in my opinion. unless i meant for it to have another meaning, which i don't.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

HeavierThanBuddha wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:

let me respectfully disagree. i am a firm believer that 1. god rolls dice. 2.Not everything happens for a reason. 3. non sense is everywhere.

for example: the blue turtiswheel ran around the corner which was running around the blue turtiswheel which is actually a canopy of green lies scraping the dirt off of humanity's desire for macbook pro lust. total nonsense, in my opinion. unless i meant for it to have another meaning, which i don't.

Well, we'll just have to disagree on that point then, because I think we're each considering nonsense in a different way. I'm not saying that everything happens for a reason, but that even those things which are brought about without reason (your turtiswheel example, for example) can still mean something to me, and thus not be nonsense. As you said, your paragraph is an attempt at writing nonsense, but as I see it, the idea defeats itself, since identifying the paragraph as an attempt at nonsense is in fact, making sense of the paragraph. You may not have intended for the paragraph to have meaning, but in my opinion, it's not possible for a person to create or perceive something that is without point, or without meaning (ie. nonsense). We can only articulate things that have at least a certain degree of sense.

But again, you're right in saying that it's about opinions and beliefs. If it seemed as though I was attacking you in my post, I'm sorry about that.

Sea Post King

uhm.

it's pretty much all self interpretation.

i think any sort of literature should be interpreted as much as as possible by one's own thinking, even though it's almost inevitable to be led to think a certain way about it. but i don't think i'm really making sense. well, i guess any form of literature or writing can be taken in any direction despite what the author or writer's intent was. so. i guess i am with oceanmachine here. but that really doesn't justify anything. actually. i don't think i am making much sense. whatev yo.

myspace.com/juddortiz
boone
Vintage Newbie

OceanMachine wrote:
HeavierThanBuddha wrote:
OceanMachine wrote:

Well, we'll just have to disagree on that point then, because I think we're each considering nonsense in a different way. I'm not saying that everything happens for a reason, but that even those things which are brought about without reason (your turtiswheel example, for example) can still mean something to me, and thus not be nonsense. As you said, your paragraph is an attempt at writing nonsense, but as I see it, the idea defeats itself, since identifying the paragraph as an attempt at nonsense is in fact, making sense of the paragraph. You may not have intended for the paragraph to have meaning, but in my opinion, it's not possible for a person to create or perceive something that is without point, or without meaning (ie. nonsense). We can only articulate things that have at least a certain degree of sense.

But again, you're right in saying that it's about opinions and beliefs. If it seemed as though I was attacking you in my post, I'm sorry about that.

Actually, there's a form of poetry called nonsense verse. And that's the style in which Stacy's been writing in her journal. The point of nonsense verse is that appears to be something written properly, but in fact makes no discernable sense.

Nonsense is a proper term to use, even though there's possibly meaning within the nonsense, though probably impossible to discern.

I win.

Twnty4Stvns
Golly, Poster

Boone wins.

You totally owned man.

Joined: 19 Nov 2005 | Posts: 634 | Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Sprocket
Vintage Newbie

Aww for once I think it's a tad unfair to say 'Boone wins' per se. OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha were using Stacy's writing as a vehicle with which to espouse their philosophical views, as opposed to considering the literary form of Stacy's writing. OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha were writing less of the author's intent of writing nonsense verse but rather, considering whether something truly random with no purpose can be said to exist. Yeah, on a technical level Boone is right, but I think to say he wins is to devalue OceanMachine and HeavierThanBuddha of their interpretative rights. As Judd says:

Quote:

it's pretty much all self interpretation.

i think any sort of literature should be interpreted as much as as possible by one's own thinking, even though it's almost inevitable to be led to think a certain way about it. but i don't think i'm really making sense. well, i guess any form of literature or writing can be taken in any direction despite what the author or writer's intent was.

Birth of The Reader! And on a nicely articulated note:
http://faculty.smu.edu/dfoster/theory/Barthes.htm

kyle
Lost at Forum

I hate the word kudos too.
Simonthegreat
Lost at Forum

This is a swell entry. Makes me think of a crazy old inventor.