Laughing City
MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

I was reading the new issue of the Dallas Observer (which is a free local newspaper for those not familiar with it), and found a very positive little blurb on Eisley.

Expect big things from Eisley next year. This one has been sort of a learning experience, a year of prep school before heading off to college: They started 2003 by signing with Record Collection, a boutique label that's part of the Warner Bros. family. Then came a high-profile tour with Coldplay, followed by a well-received EP (Laughing City) and an even bigger tour with Coldplay. As the year winds down, they're on their first club tour (with Brand New and Hot Rod Circuit, which hits Gypsy Tea Room on November 10) and have just released their second EP, Marvelous Things. Sort of: The four-song set is already up on iTunes and Napster and such, but it won't be in stores until December 29. You can snag a copy at the GTR gig.
If that sounds like they've already had a big year, well, they have. But really, the band members--sisters Chauntelle (guitar), Stacy (keyboards and vocals) and Sherri DuPree (guitar and vocals), their brother Weston (drums) and friend Jonathan Wilson (bass)--are just kind of finding their way. The two EPs have given them a chance to record with four different producers and to figure out what feels right in the studio. The tours have shown them what the road is like from top to bottom.

They begin recording their first full-length in February. They were good before. With a year of experience, they'll be even better. Expect big things.

Pretty much common knowledge amongst us board members, but still a nice little piece.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
chasd00
it's pronounced "chasdew"

i've harped on this before but a long time ago ( last jan i think ) Zac Crain, the observer's music guy, wrote a feature length article on Eisley. It was a very good article and started my interest in the band. I'm still trying to find the article and put it on the web. tomorrow i may goto the Observer offices in person and ask for a copy of it since they are right down the street from the tearoom ( eisley's next show )