rage against the machine
69%
 69%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 23

keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

prob been done before but.....yeah.

i've been thinking about this a lot.

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Despite the personnel, two different bands. Two different purposes, in my opinion. I'd have to see what mood I'm in and what kind of music I want to listen to before I chose between them. Politics and anger, I'd pick rage. More personal and introspective, I'd pick Audioslave. Either way, Tom Morello is a genius.

But that's just me.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

I voted for Rage Against the Machine. I think the main difference between the two bands is Zack de la Rocha and Chris Cornell. Other than that, I think Audioslave uses pretty much the exact same format as RATM did, and since RATM was first, they are more original and therefore... I vote RATM. Very Happy

Audioslave is growing on me, though.

rebelbirdY2K
Sea Post King

this one is easy easy. I was never a big fan of soundgarden or rage, but Audioslave works it. The music is just so mature.
Mhat
Sea Post King

I'm a big fan of Rage and Soundgarden, but not much of a Audioslave fan. I like Cornell's solo album a lot more as well. I voted for Rage, but Soundgarden should be up there too.
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

I picked Rage Against the Machine out of those two, as I respect them for having created some original music. However, despite the fact that I probably agree with a bit of their political beliefs, I'm not a big fan of using music for those purposes...
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

i think that i've been a bigger fan of soundgarden over the years... but, if i had to pick between the choices i'd pick rage. i guess thats cos there was a time when i really like rage, but now for the most part i don't listen to anything thats very hard, so i don't care for audioslave that much.

i did however really like chris's solo album. (chris.. you know.. cos me and him are on a first name basis.)

bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

sc0tt wrote:
i think that i've been a bigger fan of soundgarden over the years... but, if i had to pick between the choices i'd pick rage. i guess thats cos there was a time when i really like rage, but now for the most part i don't listen to anything thats very hard, so i don't care for audioslave that much.

i did however really like chris's solo album. (chris.. you know.. cos me and him are on a first name basis.)

I definitely like Soundgarden more than any of the two bands being discussed in this thread too... I haven't gotten a chance to hear Chris's solo album yet though. What's it like?
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

I think I'm split, both Rage and Audioslave are decent bands. Overall, I'm going with Alice in Chains... even though they aren't affiliated with either band, they rocked.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
The_Sympt0m
Vintage Newbie

personally i would say neither, but if i had to choose i would say RATM, they could really rock the casbah, but then they would go to far, add too much to the groove, and mess it up, and i just didnt like that, so they still didnt do it for me...

-ben

PS this is my opinion, sorry for stepping on your toes

Lost at Forum

I'm not a big fan of either... but I picked Audioslave...
But I like Zach's vocal style better than Chris'

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
ali
since 1979

rage all the way. man, when de la rocha lets loose, it sounds so much more visceral. i'm not sure if i agreed with all his politics, but he made me want to. i dig that he was very cause-driven.

edit: but what was that last album all about? bleh. Mad

amie darlin
Sea Post King

My friend and I were at a local concert in williamsburg the other night and some how this topic came up among the group of us. In my opinion id rather have rage back than hear audioslave, even though i love chris's voice, but id so much rather have rage. The new live album rocks so hard.
potato
Laughing Citizen

i would vote but it won't let me vote for both.
taylor blair
Sea Post King

despite the fact that rage against the machine were a bunch of marxist, anti-capitalist politically outspoken guys, i still like their music.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger