Laughing City
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

Finally, I got my pictures back from the Cincinnati show, and I'd like to share them as well as the tale of mine and Bob's journey to Bogarts with you fine people. *Disclaimer* the pictures of the actual concert didn't turn out too well, and I'm sure Boyd will post better ones of the show anyway, so I'll leave those out. And! Beware of my crazy eyes in these pics, I used used red-eye removal and it gave me this crazy gaze on some of the pics, so there you go. *End Disclaimer*.

Because me and Bob are country boys, we needed directions for the 20-minute or so trek to Cincinnati.

Here's Bob in my truck a few minutes into the journey...

I'll admit...we did get lost once we got to downtown Cincinnati, but nothing a few well calculated U-turns couldn't fix. So after ripping out some of my hair on the trip there, we made it to the [sarcasm] classy venue [/sarcasm] known as Bogarts. We waited in line for a few minutes, and at one point, we were right in front of the window of Mike's Music Store. Looking in that window, guess what we saw? We saw Eisley and Boyd, along with Jesse from Brand New..about five feet from us. We didn't want to seem like crazed fans, so we didn't knock on the glass or anything, and we made our was into the venue. The first band to play was Straylight Run, who I thought was the best band of the night, with the exception of Eisley of course. After they ended their set, Eisley came out and played a great show, a few mic problems, but I thought it was really good.

After Eisley played, me and Bob made our way to the merchandise booth and bought our body weight in shirts, buttons, posters, etc. A little into Hot Rod Circuit's set, we saw Boyd and went up to talk to him. He's really cool, and real easy talk to. Here's a pic of me and Bob with Boyd.

We stuck around Boyd for most of the rest of the evening, and then Chauntelle walks up and we got pictures with her as well, she, just like Boyd was extremely nice and welcoming.

Hot Rod Circuit ended their set, and Brand New came on. They are a very energetic band with plenty of guitar tosses, drum kit jumping, spinning, etc. They played really well. After they ended their set, me and Bob hung out a little more with Boyd and gRegor from the forum until Sherri, Stacy, Weston, and Jon came out. We got all their autographs (even Christie's, and I think we weirded her out a bit Very Happy ) But anyhoo, we got pictures taken with Sherri and Stacy as follows:

I think Bob took so long to take the picture that Stacy fell asleep Very Happy

Here's Bob with the two of them

It was tough to leave the venue, I would have liked to talk to the band a bit more, cause they were so nice. But the venue was rushing us out Sad . I took one last pic of gRegor and his friends with Boyd. gRegor appears to have some celestial body swarming around his head in the shape of a glowing orb *Note to gRegor* I'll email you the bigger version of the picture.

So there you have it, mine and Bob's Eisley adventure with we enjoyed immensly. Everyone was so nice and welcoming, I have to catch them in concert again. Sorry for the length.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

Thanks for sharing, Jeremy! Mike's Music is a pretty cool place--4 stories of cool vintage guitars and amps--and I'm not surprised that Eisley was checking it out. I've been there a number of times, and it was quite fun aside from the stuffy heat and strong smell of incense, heh... I got to play some neat old instruments there. Anyway...
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

Oh, and everyone be thinking of Bob, because he seems to be horribly sick right now. Hopefully he'll feel up to posting the live pictures at some point... Rolling Eyes Wink
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

I think either I got Bob sick or Bob got me sick cause we both got incredibly sick at the same time.

bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

swiss army romance wrote:
I think either I got Bob sick or Bob got me sick cause we both got incredibly sick at the same time.

Ah... Confused
gRegor
the gEek

Hey, those pictures of you guys w/ boyd, and w/ Chauntelle came out really good. Who took those pictures? Laughing haha
princessx
Sea Post King

I like Bob's shirt.
surfacinghl
Sea Post King

I want to hug you two for some reason. Is that strange?
But your post made me smile, so...::hugs you anyway::

livejournal.com/~surfacinghl
Some might tell you there's no hope in hell just because they feel hopeless,
but you don't have to be a thing like that. You be a ship in a bottle set sail.
- Dave Matthews "Baby"
swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

gRegor wrote:
Hey, those pictures of you guys w/ boyd, and w/ Chauntelle came out really good. Who took those pictures? Laughing haha

Haha, I don't know...some guy who was wearing a Strongbad t-shirt...

And surfacinghl, I don't know if you want to hug either of us, we are both sick lol.

potato
Laughing Citizen

i'd like to shake the hand of the guy wearing the toadies shirt. truthfully i'd probably shake anyone's hand if they were wearing a toadies shirt.
toadies rock

oh and ummm...eisley is awesome and rocks hardcore.

Kappa962
I LIKE KNOBS, FADERS

potato wrote:
i'd like to shake the hand of the guy wearing the toadies shirt. truthfully i'd probably shake anyone's hand if they were wearing a toadies shirt.
toadies rock

I'd be happy to shake your hand if I ever meet you, potato. The cool thing about that shirt is that I bought it directly from Lisa Umbarger. Me and my friend drove down to Texas during spring break one year to buy some gear from Lisa, and we got to hang out/eat lunch/listen to Toadies road stories. Then we got to see the Burden Brothers' first ever headlining show. That was a very good spring break.

Bringing this back on topic-- What's awesome is that the guy who was so involved with making Rubberneck and Hell Below such amazing records, (not to mention Elliott Smith's Figure 8 and XO) is producing the Eisley full length. I'm still in shock about how ridiculously cool that is.
-Mark
potato
Laughing Citizen

Kappa962 wrote:
potato wrote:
toadies rock

I'd be happy to shake your hand if I ever meet you, potato. The cool thing about that shirt is that I bought it directly from Lisa Umbarger. Me and my friend drove down to Texas during spring break one year to buy some gear from Lisa, and we got to hang out/eat lunch/listen to Toadies road stories. Then we got to see the Burden Brothers' first ever headlining show. That was a very good spring break.

Bringing this back on topic-- What's awesome is that the guy who was so involved with making Rubberneck and Hell Below such amazing records, (not to mention Elliott Smith's Figure 8 and XO) is producing the Eisley full length. I'm still in shock about how ridiculously cool that is.
-Mark

you're the coolest guy ever...maybe...there's still alot of people i haven't met yet.
i wish i was old enough to have gotten into the toadies earlier than i did. i don't have any toadies gear... Sad
that's awesome that that guy is working on eisley's full length.
but anyway great pics by SARS. Wink

EisleyForever
Vintage Newbie

oh my GOD!!! i can't stop laughing at those pics Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

your eyes strike fear into my Darth Vaderish heart... Shocked

swiss army romance
Golly, Poster

EisleyForever wrote:
oh my GOD!!! i can't stop laughing at those pics Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

your eyes strike fear into my Darth Vaderish heart... Shocked

I know, if I only my eyes didn't turn red everytime a flash goes off Mad

Gameboybob
Vintage Newbie

im back from days of sickness, and i see my mug on this thread. man that night was awesome. awesomeness ness ness ness...

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=gameboybob

http://www.myspace.com/thegameboy
Joined: 01 Aug 2003 | Posts: 5453 | Location: Nagoya, Japan