7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Hail to the thief
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

Mine is the bends...I love every track on the album and it also has my favourite radiohead song "street spirit(fade out) which is also my favourite music video of all time by anyone.

I should point out I love all their albums though but the bends,ok computer,kid a and amnesiac are my top 4

P.S I didn't add the I might be wrong ep to the poll cause...well it's an ep BUT it's also awesome Laughing

Vintage Newbie

I was sure there was a poll like this in the past... but I can't find one. Go figure.

My vote goes to OK Computer.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
please make mistakes
Sea Post King

I vote for OK Computer as well. That CD is flawless.
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

rmlawrence wrote:
I was sure there was a poll like this in the past... but I can't find one. Go figure.

I had a quick check and couldn't find one either

I thought ok computer would win this poll and the early voting looks that way

Golly, Poster

Ok Computer barely edges out The Bends in my opinion, though I think Street Spirit is the band's best song and video, it's breathtaking.

Joined: 26 Jul 2003 | Posts: 754 | Location: Good ole' Goshen, Oh-hi-Oh
homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

swiss army romance wrote:
I think Street Spirit is the band's best song and video, it's breathtaking.
good man
Sea Post King

Another vote for 'OK Computer'.
Joined: 07 Dec 2003 | Posts: 77 | Location: The Woodlands, TX
bgburroughs
Vintage Newbie

OK Computer is bound to win (as usual), and I voted for it, too, but I can honestly say that I appreciate all of the rest of their albums just as much. Pablo Honey was a fantastic debut, even if it sucks compared to the rest. It's better than most bands' best stuff, and it has a handful of great songs. The Bends has some of the best songwriting of the past couple decades, and sees them moving toward a more unique sound. OK Computer was just bound to stand out in their discography, being the dramatic, towering piece of work that it is. Kid A changed my whole way of thinking about music--that you can experiment and adapt and still retain amazing songs at the heart of everything. I absolutely love Amnesiac, although I fell out of love with it fairly quickly early on. I've started to enjoy it more and more, and it's amazing how it has its own feel, despite the fact that it came out of the same sessions as its predecessor. Hail to the Thief, I appreciate for its stunning ability to portray the feelings of many people during our times, even though the songwriting just doesn't quite match up to the past albums, at least on an emotional level. Anyway, I'll stop rambling. I just can't say enough about Radiohead, and it's so awesome to get to see things unfold with them--in a way, like what it must've been like to be able to track The Beatles' career as it progressed, or something...
So Cal Oasis
Lost at Forum

Toss up between The Bends and Ok Computer and Kid A but they're all brilliant.

I mean The Bends was pretty much a perfect album but then after that came this magnifacent work of art Ok Computer....then just when things couldn't get better Kid A was such a great follow up to OK Computer. I mean if i was Radiohead i would've quit right after OK Computer because i don't think anyone can make three amazing albums in a row, the pressure would be enormous. But they did it, and Kid A was such a great album and i was really impressed they pulled it off again.

MoreOfTheSame
Vintage Newbie

It'd be a tie between OK Computer and Kid A, but Kid A treads into territory already explored by bands like Kraftwerk and Can, whereas OK Computer is something truely original, so OK Computer gets my vote.

Flickr
Transvaal IV - Myspace : Virb
Deep Thoughts About Shallow Subjects
Joined: 02 Sep 2003 | Posts: 2455 | Location: Grapevine, TX
PoorWriter
Lost at Forum

I had to vote for the Bends.
Songs like Planet Telex and Street Spirit set the stage.
Plus Black Star is just the greatest.

homesick_alien
Vintage Newbie

cool...another one for the bends...I just finished watching my Live at the astoria video from 1994 and it just makes me feel stronger about my decision to choose the bends as their finest work

Jonny Greenwood rocks out real hard during the show

Colin is one underrated bass player too IMHO

Sea Post King

I had to vote Kid A

After Creep and The Bends, so many bands were trying to imitate Thom Yorke, and then they went and made Kid A leaving all the bandwagon kids in the dust.

But anyway you look at it...just brilliant.
I also REALLY love Hail to the Thief.

So Cal Oasis
Lost at Forum

homesick_alien wrote:

Colin is one underrated bass player too IMHO

Totally his grooves are so killer, he's awesome. The bass on Planet Telex gets my head bobbing every time.

Doctor of Rock
Sea Post King

from Kid A on, Colin's bass lines have gotten far more groovy.

anyway, OK Computer get's my vote, but The Bends is definitely classic, not to mention Kid A....Hail to the Theif....

"...dance when you forget to wear pants..." -Seanbaby
Joined: 02 Nov 2003 | Posts: 194 | Location: on the corner at the end of the block...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger