Laughing City
ali
since 1979

killabikini wrote:
ali wrote:
we had a conversation about how we would have directed it, over here, i said some stuff.

this whole conversation could've been avoided if eisley had just taken my advice and gone animated Wink

in seriousness, though, i suppose you do need a 'meet the band' video, and this one, with its color-saturated, bright-yet-dark, creepy, 'virgin suicide' vibe was a great way to meet eisley. it will make an impact (already is, apparently).

so now that introductions and getting noticed is over with, the band can start making quirky, animated videos, à la muse's 156. Very Happy

oooohh! virgin suicides vibe, very good description.

well, i wish i had thought of it, but boyd had mentioned i think that the director said he was inspired by the virgin suicides. which is pretty cool.

killabikini
Golly, Poster

ali wrote:
killabikini wrote:
ali wrote:
we had a conversation about how we would have directed it, over here, i said some stuff.

this whole conversation could've been avoided if eisley had just taken my advice and gone animated Wink

in seriousness, though, i suppose you do need a 'meet the band' video, and this one, with its color-saturated, bright-yet-dark, creepy, 'virgin suicide' vibe was a great way to meet eisley. it will make an impact (already is, apparently).

so now that introductions and getting noticed is over with, the band can start making quirky, animated videos, à la muse's 156. Very Happy

oooohh! virgin suicides vibe, very good description.

well, i wish i had thought of it, but boyd had mentioned i think that the director said he was inspired by the virgin suicides. which is pretty cool.

well whoever said it it is great. sofia coppola is a wonderful directress.

Nathan-Drummer
Sea Post King

I'm gonna have to say that this is my favorite song of yours because I was watching IMX on Fuse and Brand New had them play this video and when i saw it i was like WHOA, COOL!! SO thanks to Brand New I am now able to enjoy the presence of Eisley in my own home, well on cd anyways
theperfectgirl
Sea Post King

i will have to see the video when i get home..verry exciting..too bad i dont have mtv2...i will eventually download it anyhow

res_118
Sea Post King

Hey all- I'm new to the boards but I just wanted to say what up. This question has probably already been asked and answered? But I was wondering if anyone has some nice stills or pics from the video? Sherri is just great so let me know. Rolling Eyes peace out. my msn= res118@hotmail.com
aim= bpriceUT21
thanks!

Squirly
Vintage Newbie

i have none from the video but many of stacy on the Wallace Eyes thread in the eisleyblog forum!
Joined: 15 Jan 2004 | Posts: 5464 | Location: Galt, California
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
scrapnel
Sea Post King

hey guys im new here! but i have been listening to eisley for i guess about a month now (and LOVE them!!) and ive seen the video practically a hundred times. and i was just wondering, is it just me, or on the part where it shows sherri on the trampoline with the grass on her knees, does it look like it spells out "dIE"? with the lower case d and then IE. it really looks like that to me and i was just curious if anyone else noticed anything about it? thanks!
ali
since 1979

scrapnel wrote:
hey guys im new here! but i have been listening to eisley for i guess about a month now (and LOVE them!!) and ive seen the video practically a hundred times. and i was just wondering, is it just me, or on the part where it shows sherri on the trampoline with the grass on her knees, does it look like it spells out "dIE"? with the lower case d and then IE. it really looks like that to me and i was just curious if anyone else noticed anything about it? thanks!

we'll have to play the record backwards to find out Wink

Mona
Sea Post King

Great Video! It just works with the song, keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked
DanDaMan
Sea Post King

Hey all,

Tomorrow you need to help Eisley out on TVU!

Where: TVUlive.com
When: Thursday, January 29 - 4pm EST
Why: Make sure Eisley gets in regular rotation on TVU.

Go to www.tvulive.com and click on "Watch TVU online!" Once you're watching the show they'll tell you how to vote for Eisley. If they don't win the Battle of the Buzz, which is just that hour, then they will not get into regular rotation on TVU. Of course, if we get Eisley into rotation, you can request it for their Ten Most Wanted or whatever.

Thanks!

Dan "da Man"

http://cMusicWeb.com/
Joined: 22 Jan 2004 | Posts: 27 | Location: cMusicWeb.com HQ
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jonis
Sea Post King

Great Video! It's got a lot of hiddens...I like that! Cool
Joined: 19 Jan 2004 | Posts: 3 | Location: Lake Jackson, Tx
drewmgibson
Golly, Poster

good stuff
pvt.tucker.blue
Lost at Forum

ali wrote:

we'll have to play the record backwards to find out Wink

haha...

I love my forum Mom
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1310 | Location: VA, but I don't throw beer at the stage
April
Sea Post King

This is an amazing video. The direction is simply beautiful. As was said before, it doesn't take away from the song at all; It fits perfectly. I love the color scheme used, it really fits the song, which, by the way, is magical. I just can't watch it enough! Congratulations to everyone shooting, directing, and writing the video! And, most obviously, to Eisley! Thank you all for delivering such a beautiful work of art!
Love,
April
precious life
Sea Post King

sherri, you must be one of the most beautiful girls i have ever seen. your style is just adorable. sorry, im ranting. but my goodness, you must know and i must say that you are simply gorgeous. also, the video was great. i really liked the fisher price toy keys, and the apathetic expression you all have. very post modern...very nice.
"Music is the phantom decider, determining my life long chase, never to be laid hands on, so singing soft i sound out my fate again. Sometimes i fall asleep, but this day i lived wide awake, at its end i saw the jewels of life glitter, at least i saw who this music is for" Rocky Votolato
Joined: 31 Jan 2004 | Posts: 10 | Location: boulder colorado
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>