100%
 100%  [ 5 ]
Never!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Odan
Laughing Citizen

So I've ordered some Wesley Jensen stuff...
The CD, and three t-shirts...

That was two months ago, 10/11/2007 (Oct. 11, 2007).

I received an initial "We've got your order" e-mail.

When a month passed by and I haven't received a "We've shipped your order" e-mail. I decided to send them this e-mail on Nov. 13:
me wrote:
Hello,

I have placed this order a little over a month ago, and I was wondering if it has been shipped yet? If not when will it be shipped? ...Hoping this order wasn't forgotten or something... Wink

-Heather

And got this in return on Nov. 16:
Quote:
We checked our shipping records and your order was shipped on 10/18/07

Then I sent in a quick e-mail thanking them for the promp reply (I didn't have to wait weeks for a reply) and asked if there was any tracking number with the package.

Another month goes by and I haven't received any reply so I sent another e-mail on Dec. 8:
Quote:
I'm starting to get worried. It has been almost two months since it was shipped and I still haven't received my order. Is there a tracking number of some sort for me to track the package?

-Heather

And I get this response on the same day:
Quote:
LC29 0386 395U S is the Customs form #

But that’s all we have. There is no tracking available for international orders.

The package was shipped through the united states post office

Okay my question is this. Is there any way I can use that number to track this missing package? Or is my money gone forever and I'll never receive my CD and t-shirts?
=(

I've done some Google searches and I haven't been able to find anything...

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I tried putting that number into the tracking form at the USPS website, and got this:

Quote:
Label/Receipt Number: LC29 0386 395U S

Your item was accepted at 2:23 PM on October 18, 2007 in WINTER GARDEN, FL 34787. No further information is available for this item.

Makes me wonder whether "acceptance" means that's where it was shipped from or to... Very strange. I would recommend calling USPS customer service and seeing if they can offer you any more information based on the customs form number.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Odan
Laughing Citizen

Thank you Hannah!! =) You are so smart!! I'll give them a call.

I found this on their site:
Quote:
Tracking provides detailed progress of Express Mail, Global Express Guaranteed, and Express Mail International packages while enroute to their destination. Some of the statuses you may see when viewing your tracking information include:

* Acceptance - This scan means the package was received by the Post Office for mailing
* Arrival - This scan means that the package arrived at the Post Office for delivery
* Delivered - This scan means that the letter carrier has delivered the package to the location on the mailpiece

Last edited by Odan on Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

You're quite welcome. Smile Good luck! I hope they can find it for you.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I tried putting that number into the tracking form at the USPS website, and got this:

Quote:
Label/Receipt Number: LC29 0386 395U S

Your item was accepted at 2:23 PM on October 18, 2007 in WINTER GARDEN, FL 34787. No further information is available for this item.

Makes me wonder whether "acceptance" means that's where it was shipped from or to... Very strange. I would recommend calling USPS customer service and seeing if they can offer you any more information based on the customs form number.

Acceptance means from. You need to contact the sender, bring this to their attention, and have them send your stuff again (as this one obviously got stolen or lost before it even left the post office). They should have to track it down, not you.
Odan
Laughing Citizen

I have sent them an e-mail... I don't want to spend money I don't have on long distance... =) Hopefully they will respond with good news.

Oh and I also ran a quick tracking search on the Canada Post site since from what i posted above about the 'Acceptance' and such that it could have arrived at a Canadian post office... but i got this:
Quote:
Item Number: LC290386395US
Date of Event - 2007/10/18
Time of Event - 14:23
Location -
Description - International item has been posted in origin country
Retail Location -
Signatory Name -

At least they are consistent with their information...

Tempest
Sea Post King

Pony Express is the only way to go. Cool

|| sean ||

"If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You." --Mewithoutyou
Joined: 02 Aug 2007 | Posts: 76 | Location: Bowling Green, Kentucky