Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

who realized on the behind-the-scenes clip that boyd posted that when they're asked about when their "new album coming out", they said, "we don't have a new album coming oooouuut....yet."?

does this mean they have plans to go back into the studio sometime soon or anytime this year?

maybe i took it the wrong way, i don't know, just something i noticed...

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

They've been writing, but there's still quite a bit of touring/promotion going on with this album. I would not be shocked if there were at least firm plans to hit the studio in the works by the end of the year, though. (That's pure speculation on my part.)

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
juan
Lost at Forum

Being the selfish fella that I am, I hope they get in the studio this year. As it appears unlikely that they'll come over the pond any time soon, I may as well get something new to enjoy from the band. So yes get ya ass-es in the studio and get Chauntelle singing some more.

- Charles Darwin (legend)
Joined: 04 Apr 2003 | Posts: 1296 | Location: Gateshead - good ol' blighty, up north
nerdcorex0
Sea Post King

well, im pretty sure Combinations isnt their last albums, sooo i guess saying "yet" is like, "yea we'll have another one, not soon, but eventually"

creation is salvation
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Little Firefly
Sea Post King

I didn't catch the new cd reference, but I did catch Sherri saying that a band called "Indiecore" will be opening for them on this next tour. Anyone know who that is? I've looked 'em up and found absolutely nada'.
pzy
Wookie Luke

it's The Envy Corps, but I guess that does sound a bit like "Indiecore" Very Happy
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
who realized on the behind-the-scenes clip that boyd posted that when they're asked about when their "new album coming out", they said, "we don't have a new album coming oooouuut....yet."?

does this mean they have plans to go back into the studio sometime soon or anytime this year?

I think you're reading into it a bit much. I expect they'll tour for most of this year and maybe go back into the studio before 2009, but it's gonna be at least a year and a half before "yet" means "sometime soon".

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
vhmarisol
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

I think you're reading into it a bit much. I expect they'll tour for most of this year and maybe go back into the studio before 2009, but it's gonna be at least a year and a half before "yet" means "sometime soon".

Exactly, even we love to have a new album every month, itīs unlikely to happen, usually it takes a couple of years to have a new one

Itīs only 6 months from the last album realese, let's enjoy it.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

vhmarisol wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:

Exactly, even we love to have a new album every month, itīs unlikely to happen, usually it takes a couple of years to have a new one

Itīs only 6 months from the last album realese, let's enjoy it.

well, that's what i figured, but i wasn't sure, so i decided to ask, that's all. although, i would love it if later in the year they would just to an EP, just to suffice us, like the weird EP Sherri mentioned.

i haven't forgot about that, ha.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
oliez
Vintage Newbie

They really don't have any more new recorded songs to release on an EP. I'm still set with Combinations.

If late 2009 comes around and still no word on the next album I'll start to worry...
Congratulations
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
They've been writing, but there's still quite a bit of touring/promotion going on with this album.

No doubt, Compilations has lots of life left. Wink

All kidding aside, it really does. Combinations is awesome.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
keltica
Golly, Poster

Let Combinations have its ray of sunshine for a little while ... Very Happy

"Δῶς μοι πᾶ στῶ καὶ τὰν γᾶν κινάσω"

Joined: 11 Jun 2007 | Posts: 791 | Location: Ariccia, Rome - Italy
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Yeah, it still feels like Compliations just came out.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

i'm not even saying i would really want them to release this year, i mean, like by the end of the year, have it recorded and as a new year present release it, just like the LTA EP they did.

i would really care when it released, i just think that some of the demos need to be recorded, that's all.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote: