Laughing City
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

golly_sandra wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:
They're not working on a new cd:

I don't know... that's pretty badass. I'd be the first in line to buy it.

It'd be a great way to double sales. The first one always gets eaten by the tape player.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

They're about to be...

in January 2009:

http://flickr.com/photos/sherrisink/3183646917/

"And since we (Eisley) will start recording (officially) this month"

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
They're about to be...

in January 2009:

You are always scooping everybody around here, every considered Journalism? you are always in the know. Come trivia night season you are drafted!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
bigideas wrote:
They're about to be...

in January 2009:

You are always scooping everybody around here, every considered Journalism? you are always in the know. Come trivia night season you are drafted!

That's an old scoop.
Anyone that checked her Flickr last week would be privy.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

That's an old scoop.
Anyone that checked her Flickr last week would be privy.

Yeah, but you were the first person in THIS thread to post it, and given it's the most On Topic thing anyone could have posted, you out-scooped the entire posterverse cause no one had the whits to put it in this thread...

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Yeah, they're currently in studio recording for their next album Smile I'm hoping it will be out sometimes soon, but it will probably be closer to my birthday in July Sad O well! A new Eisley album is always awesome anyway!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Nowhere Man wrote:
They're not working on a new cd:

Dude, I finally got it! I was about to get mad and say they were doing a new album, but LMAO!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

lookingXglass wrote:
Yeah, they're currently in studio recording for their next album Smile I'm hoping it will be out sometimes soon, but it will probably be closer to my birthday in July Sad O well! A new Eisley album is always awesome anyway!

where do you get the "currently" from?

SamuraiPunk
Vintage Newbie

wow i forgot i posted this.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

lookingXglass wrote:
I'm hoping it will be out sometimes soon, but it will probably be closer to my birthday in July Sad

Don't ever underestimate the time it takes to release an Eisley album. The Room Noises session was over before Eisley went on their 2004 Snow Patrol tour, and the CD wasn't out until Spring of '05. Combinations was recorded in late '06 and early '07 and it didn't come out until August '07.

Granted, a lot of that was due to Warner Brothers being idiots, but it does take a significant amount of time for a band on a label to make a CD. If they finish recording the next album in a month's time (which is pushing it), it would still take something approaching an act of God for the CD to be on store shelves by July. It's a lot more conservative--and less likely to end in disappointment--to say the next album will be out sometime late this year or early 2010.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

That's a good guesstimation.

When record 3 was first being talked about, it seemed they were planning to take more control this time, so maybe it will be a little sooner than one would normally expect.

If they record it all at Rosewood (which all signs point to at this point) I would think things would go a little faster because the studio is so close.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:
If they record it all at Rosewood (which all signs point to at this point) I would think things would go a little faster because the studio is so close.

I don't see how the location of the studio makes a difference. They rented places near the studios for both previous albums and finished recording rather quickly compared to the delay for releasing the actual album both times.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
bigideas wrote:

I don't see how the location of the studio makes a difference. They rented places near the studios for both previous albums and finished recording rather quickly compared to the delay for releasing the actual album both times.

I see how it could be quicker. Last time, Stacy and Weston had to fly back to LA to help with mastering. That is still a delay, a delay that they won't have if they record at Rosewood. However, WB will probably take forever, for the third time. Rolling Eyes

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Saellys wrote:
bigideas wrote:

I see how it could be quicker. Last time, Stacy and Weston had to fly back to LA to help with mastering. That is still a delay, a delay that they won't have if they record at Rosewood. However, WB will probably take forever, for the third time. Rolling Eyes

I forgot about Stacy and Weston having to fly back out. That does make sense.

Yeah, I'm more worried about how WB is going to handle it than how much time Eisley will take recording.

Smokemonster
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Renting costs money which makes a time constraint and also takes more of the recording budget - whereas at home all that can be used on the actual recording.

I guess Boyd came across this as he has clarified the situation in Trolleywood somewhat.