Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

HB did a cover story on Neverland and I understand it's out. Can anyone verify this?

I told Linda - the editor of Harder Beat that I'd post and send email out to you guys. She was frustrated over the last minute shift to Neverland right before the feature story went to press, but understands the need to move back to MossEisley. (she didn't like the Michael J. ranch affiliation either)

All you Dallas people, please comb the streets until you find a HB issue. I don't know where they are, but...we'd like a few copies since we can't get there. (please?)

thanks.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

i don't think i have ever heard of harder beat. it's a dallas music magazine? next time i am at a coffee shop or bookstore i'll look though cos i'd certainly like a copy if moss eisley is in it.
boyd
Eisleyoid

Come on...they're widely circulated. I think they're in deep Elum. Somebody is bound to be downtown sometime this weekend, right?
It's like the Observer...but different. Speaking of, those guys are doing some feature, cover story now also. weird. I wonder if all this press is a good thing. Anyway, i'll try to find out.

Does anyone know a great place in the Dallas area to rent a Van and trailer? thanks.

bd

selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

There's only one local mag I actually like... Origin. Hard Beat and Observer seem unprofessional and have to many ecky adds in them.
Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

I would think if it was the cover story they would be nice enough to send you a copy. Perhaps you could ask? Just a thought.
markymark106
Golly, Poster

Never heard of HB...
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Hey boyd I checked there site. Is it this month or next because this month had the best of 2002 and no mention of moss eisley.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
MossNewbie

It's a really classy visual and performing arts magazine online at www.soundmag.com. Very professional multimedia presentation. Y'all should be sure to send a promo kit to them!
 |  | 
boyd
Eisleyoid

ok cool. thanks.
(newbies are gods on this site....not like other forums where you're a second class citizen because you wanted to hang out)

bd

seanp
Sea Post King

Heyo Boyd!

I grabbed a handfull of the mags at the local record store near where I work. Of course, it cost me $20 cuz I had to look through the used CD's and found some deals I just couldn't pass up! That's OK, though. I'll suffer for the cause. Let me know how many you would like and I'll mail 'em to ya...

The article was decent. A decent intro to the band, but nothing groundbreaking, but nothing disparaging. Of course, the cover shows the band as Neverland, but the article does mention that the "former" name was Moss Eisley, so both names are covered. I guess the mag could one day be a collectors item - the only mag or merch from the few weeks when the band was known as Neverland!

-Sean
gRegor
the gEek

Ooh, ooh, i want one. Willing to mail one? I can cover costs.
boyd
Eisleyoid

I think this sounds profoundly arrogant, but...i wunt some too. Think about it...just IF these nutty kids ever amount to anything, wull...um...maybe this paper would be like this very rare thing...(in the eclectic, music memorabilia market...you know, when MossEisley was Neverland for a week...)

but all bands think this kind of crap; and in a year, they're shoveling dog meat into a burrito at the local Taco Bonito. (bonita, in this case)

Can anyone get me a giant stack of these papers? (you know, just hedgin') Wink

ptah27

I picked up a few copies of HB today here in Dallas. I'll swing back by on the way home and picked up some more for you, boyd. I'll be in touch...

P.
 |  | 
Jeff
Sea Post King

boyd wrote:
I think this sounds profoundly arrogant, but...i wunt some too. Think about it...just IF these nutty kids ever amount to anything, wull...um...maybe this paper would be like this very rare thing...(in the eclectic, music memorabilia market...you know, when MossEisley was Neverland for a week...)

but all bands think this kind of crap; and in a year, they're shoveling dog meat into a burrito at the local Taco Bonito. (bonita, in this case)

Can anyone get me a giant stack of these papers? (you know, just hedgin') Wink

I'm sure you could pick some up in deep Ellum when you play Trees next Friday night

gRegor
the gEek

That's dog meat?!?!?!