Laughing City

I found them through the Cornerstone and Decapolis websites.
I came
I listened
I like!! Wink

What's your story?
 |  | 
ibekimbo
Sea Post King

Oh and by the way......I started this thread.....I just forgot to sign back in........not used to being able to post without being signed on.....so I thought I already was........duh. Embarassed
iRa
Sea Post King

My wife told me...her ^ Cool
Tiff
Sea Post King

I saw them at The Door in Dallas when they played with Superchick....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

i read about them in origin magazine....piqued my interest....then we played at restfest and i saw them there....been hooked ever since

Cool jj

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

Well back in the day, Me and my fellow pcs use to go out to this great lil venue in Tyler called The Brewtones. mostly to see our fave bands, and friends in Seven Channels, and Animal Couch, but for other shows as well. Well the nice people that ran the BT, had the most adorable daughters, all these cute blonde girls, who wore the most fun clothes and were so neat. One night while we were waiting for the bands to Load up, the duprees ( the nice people that run BT) were praticing for their church service which is also held there, and the entire family got up there and was singing and playing and praising God, and it was one of the most beautiful things i had ever experienced. Then i realized that the lovely band The Towheads, which i had heard of, were infact, part of this group . This amazing family!!!
their 14 year old son playing drums. i was amazed, and we had gotten to know the duprees some. Then of course they started playing more, and became MossEisley, and we had them on our show, and they played all over DFW, and the rest of Texas, and we went and saw them, because they are amazing. And then I gotto experience all these people fall in love with them at C-stone. And watch them become the amazing band that they are today... i think i elaborated abit, but u get the basic idea right...
Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

i'd heard of the towheads before from people at brewtones.. but i never actually got to hear them until they were Sinclaire. i think that was the name anyways. i forgot.
dpwrchick
Sea Post King

right, but they were only sinclaire for a very short period of time, right?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buford Mills
Sea Post King

yea i don't know how long it was.. but it was a very short time.

Stacy played a drum or something
and Chauntelle sung back then.
and they covered Zombie by the cranberries one time and people went nuts
those were the days. but obviously these are the days even more.
 |  | 
boyd
Eisleyoid

no, for real...they were just there all the sudden, writing and singing these beautiful little songs. people would come over and we were like those obnoxious parents; we'd make them do their thing. (that is SO lame) once, i remember back in the early, early days, Ester Drang (that's a band) spent the night after a show at BrewTones and we ratted the girls out. (heh-heh-heh...) So, the guys made them sing some stuff (super-late) that night. man oh man...one of those kodak moments - that is, if our heads were cameras with video recording capability - which, if you think about it that's pretty much the gear we have lumbering above our necks - add memory...and a hard drive, of course, because it's digital; anyway i think it might have been their most encouraging moment ever. btw. esterdrang.com (one of the more amazing bands on the planet)

i can't be held responsible for posting this. was up till 3,3,4am consecutively this week. i'm no navy seal, but i'm starting to think i might actually be a new form of government. either that or one of those carnivals you see in small town parking lots.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

i got to know the mossiness cos the reverand dan kraft told me that you guys were cool, so i went out and saw youall w/ flying machine (or at that time spin490) at living waters in grandprarie. taylor was still the bass player and pretender was the requested song. you guys were super nice to us (me, cole and dan) so weve followed you around ever since.
Sheryl
Sea Post King

I heard of them through a mutual friend, Cora. She introduced them to me at Cornerstone this year, and I saw both of their shows there. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gRegor
the gEek

ditto. except they actually played 3 shows I'm pretty sure. And I didn't think you went to that last one? Impromptu on like the last night? Hmm.
boyd
Eisleyoid

This is just a bit of history for clarity. 1.) Impromptu stage before Cornerstone events actually cranked up - 10:00pm monday night when wrestless music lovers were ready to to to shows. (crazy. packed. fairly sucky show, but fun) 2.) July 4th - New Band Showcase. buzz from first event and the band driving around all day/week long in a silly cart with hand made signs, passing out stickers with logo that promoted the show seemed to draw curious, melodic music lovers into the 120 degree death tent at the hottest part of the afternoon. (overflowing) That show was a little better but they got sick from heat exaustion; didn't think Stacy was going to make it through set. 3.) Impromptu Stage. last night of CS. Supposedly the venue voted and picked the top 30 bands to play again. Moss played at 10:00pm again. (sucky show - couldn't hear, problems, set up time, still packed tent, etc.)

You can read in vivid detail about this event and see more images than you'll ever want to see: http://mosseisley.com/Cornerstone%20Experience.htm

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists