Laughing City
#10 ok
Sea Post King

well, i saw in another thread (the buttons one) that boyd stated "Dern that Houston scene. Why aren't there any great venues down there?" since nocturnal dave won't represent h-town i will.

I THOUGHT that moss was going to come play at my church, (it fell through but no hard feelings for Tim T., he's the reason moss comes to houston at all, besides coldplay)

Boyd, yall should come play at my church, the Houston Vineyard. It's really centrally located, (like basically downtown houston),
my church has a building seprate from the main building and we've had several kool bands play there. (bleach, salt 7, rock n' roll worship circus)
And yall are vineyardite people too!
Anyway, let me know, or someone know if yall wanna come play....i gurantee that plenty of pple will come.....hopefully...

Nakedprey

I live in Houston and I must admit it is pretty bad down here. I'm sure there are worse areas but the music scene isn't exactly thriving down here.
 |  | 
pie
Sea Post King

Yeah i don't know what mr nocternal dave would say but.......i hear through the grape vine that Salt7 people are going to have the opertunity to put on shows at Grace community church (this big ol church in the houston/friendswood area) and they really want Moss to play a show and heck maybe get Radient there as well.

Play the vineyard too though!!!! please please please please......just cuz we live in houston doesn't mean we don't deserve good music too........*sniffels and drama*

-Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=friedpie
Nocturnal Dave....
Sea Post King

good job sam i was thinking of starting a thread about the houston scene, but to be perfectly honest i'm almost sick of talking about it cause nothing really has been happening, BUT i've just herd of a couple new thng's poping up, that hopefully is the start of something .
there's a place called "the big house" in the heights area,
that's suppost to be a christian altrenative venue, that's about to open. and in clear lake i'm starting shows at my church, Grace Community Church, so i'm exited, and there's this awesome place down in texas city called the cause coffee house, www.thecausecoffeehouse.com
it'so cool!!! sam i know you would love it, i know texas city is like an hour away from downtown houston, but it rocks everythings free there's no cover, free coffee, go on there site and take the virtual tour, it's awesome.....hmmm. i'm still hopeing that Russell hobbs will come and open up "the door" in houston...maybe someday...untill then i'll go to dallas as often as i can...which is like never..... Sad

pie
Sea Post King

Don't worry dave. One day i'm going to own my own venue here in houston and you know that will be hip to the hoppen. Yesterday i found the building i want! Dude start praying now. Its this huge old abandoned resturant on the corner of shepard and momorial. itsss sooo perfect for what i want to do. because of its location i'm sure it'll be almost a million, but one thing i have discovered is that anything is possible when you serve our God. *little explotions of giddyness at the thought *

-Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=friedpie