Laughing City
So Cal Oasis
Lost at Forum

Well Nick and Jessica have their own variety show on ABC, MTV has this new show called Pimp My Ride, and Comedy Central has started South Park the 8th season. Personally, i think the new South Park season is the best yet. Trey and Matt have their fingers on the pulse of pop culture and bash it to hell. One of my favorite current shows.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

The minute you guys get back to Texas you will be bombarded until you play us a show. I'm extremely jealous of Californians right now! I can't stand it! I want to hear Vintage People!
bonvis02
Sea Post King

the show was awesome. this was the third time i've seen the band and the best. well actually maybe the first time on the coldplay tour was the best because i was so blown away. this time was great though because they played a nice long set. lost at sea could be the greatest song of all time. it was truly amazing. the old favs were great too. mister pine rocked and over the mountains we go was awesome (previously my fav until lost at sea). i talked to stacey for a brief minute as well as boyd which was cool. the last show in san diego i talked to chauntelle and boyd for a long time and they were very sweet and friendly. the duprees are one heck of a family. i wish i could have picked boyds mind a bit longer this time but annie stela was pouring her little soul out so i thought it might be rude to yack away during her performance. sherri had a new look which surprised me alot, but it was cool. the highlight every time for me though is to watch chauntelle belt out the tunes away from the mic. shes so into it, i wanna hear her sing one of these times. seeet sweet girl chauntelle is, very nice person. im turning everyone i know into eisley fans and my girlfriend likes them almost as much as me now. great night. great show. ill be back when you tour this summer.

jake

www.thevein.net
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abductee
Laughing Citizen

man..

I can't wait for tomorrow night..

i'm leaving here at 4:30... with the pedal to the metal the whole way (and looking out for cops) we'll probably be in san francisco at about 5:30 ... if we go the speed limit, we'll probably be there closer to 6:15 heh..

but yeah.. I made it to slims in an hour and fifteen minutes before... and that's including a wrong turn I made..

but..

my friend is driving this time, and he usually never speeds... well, neither do I .. I just "keep up with traffic" heh .. Wink

anyway..

i'm mondo excited.. I told my friend about the Soma Show... and he was like "really!? awesome i'm totally there!" he and I travled through europe together, and he totally digs eisley... like.. utterly.. just as much as I do heh.. so I hope he made it..

but yeah..

laytzz

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
atdrvn
Golly, Poster

Normally I'm one to post long reviews of shows I go to (seen @ withregret.com forums -- although I'm having a lot of trouble with the site right now). But tonight @ the Troubadour was one of the greatest experiences I was lucky enough to participate in. Words cannot describe the events that took place, and I was speechless through the entire hour - especially when Eisley came back for a 2 song encore performing Telescope Eyes (personal fav.) and Tree Tops off the Laughing City EP.

If you have not had the chance to see this wonderfully, amazing group live--you have no idea what you're missing out on. No idea.

« Last.FM ¤ Myspace ¤ Jacob Greene ¤ Art »
Joined: 10 Nov 2003 | Posts: 542 | Location: southern california
icurate
Lost at Forum

Tonight's show was amazing.
I had goosebumps about half the time.
Here's a pic of their headliner status

And, here is my interpretation of just how much they blew me away.

(okay fine, my shutter got stuck Razz )

And the best thing of all, I got to meet Boyd and Kim and Grandma Eisley!!
And, I got to see Baby Eisley do a mean bit of air-drumming!!

Most awesome of all was them doing Telescope Eyes and Trolleyville
for their encore. (I think they liked us almost as much as we liked them) Very Happy

bocnore
Sea Post King

Hay i see the back of my head in that pic icurate hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
boyd
Eisleyoid

We just walked in... 2:00am. So thankful...feeling cathartic about the
entire night. I think this sums it up...Stacy just said, "man, that felt like a
Texas show...". You guys were amazing. So warm and enthusiastic.
shheesh.

I'm too tired to review the show. I think the band sounded pretty good. But you guys made the night. Thanks.

Craig and Britt Aaronson (A&R) , producer Rob and Margret Shnapf (with
little boy, Sonny) were there - which was so nice. Also, Tom Whalley,
president of WB was there for about 4 or 5 songs. (a busy guy) He
zoomed over from a Distillers show just to catch Eisley. I'm told that Tom
is one of the only label presidents in the business that actually just goes
to shows... his bands...to support them and just see how things are
going. He's a true music lover.

Great to meet so many people from the forum... we have to get up early.
and drive all day. Gotta get to sleep. gnite. bd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
pzy
Wookie Luke

I just got back from the Troubadour (the Trouby to those in THE KNOW) and tonight was even better than last night. The most amazing part was the fact the audience went nuts for an encore, and despite not being on the setlist, it being unrehearsed, and not played in many months, the crowd yelled out their request for Telescope Eyes and the band just looked at each other a few times and plowed right into it. Awesome rendition. I'm sure they'd say they got a few things wrong, but to me it sounded just as good as if they had done it in the studio. The fact it was unplanned made it all the more cool.

Awesome crowd there tonight, I met a few people from the board, but it's hard saying "Hi uhh I'm 'pzykotic'", I look like a weirdo Wink

Anyway, I had my camera tonight and I bring you many pictures, tell me if you see yourself!

http://users.rcn.com/lukeschneider/eisleytroub/

Enjoy, I sure did.

ONE MORE DAY!

-Luke

PS: Probably my favorite pic of the performance, a singing smurf with glow-in-the-dark lightning earrings. Cool. Smile

Oh man I dig this one too, boyd diligently putting up posters in the Troubadour bar's windows. It's all artistic, I'm obviously a professional photographer Wink

More pics from this morning of random things:

This is a thing I got from my friend Scooby who works at the Street Network, she was handing things out to people after the show. Damien Rice rules, so I asked Weston to sign it as Damien Rice. Gotta be worth somethin, right? Wink

Joined: 29 Nov 2003 | Posts: 1088 | Location: Somerville, MA
Last edited by pzy on Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
icurate
Lost at Forum

pzykotic wrote:
I just got back from the Troubadour (the Trouby to those in THE KNOW) and tonight was even better than last night. The most amazing part was the fact the audience went nuts for an encore, and despite not being on the setlist, it being unrehearsed, and not played in many months, the crowd yelled out their request for Telescope Eyes and the band just looked at each other a few times and plowed right into it. Awesome rendition. I'm sure they'd say they got a few things wrong, but to me it sounded just as good as if they had done it in the studio. The fact it was unplanned made it all the more cool.

Awesome crowd there tonight, I met a few people from the board, but it's hard saying "Hi uhh I'm 'pzykotic'", I look like a weirdo Wink

Anyway, I had my camera tonight and I bring you many pictures, tell me if you see yourself!

http://tinyurl.com/24omh

Enjoy, I sure did.

ONE MORE DAY!

-Luke
http://users.rcn.com/lukeschneider/smurfette.jpg[/img]
PS: Probably my favorite pic of the performance, a singing smurf with glow-in-the-dark lightning earrings. Cool. Smile

[img]

Boy, I wish my camera had worked. Crying or Very sad
Thanks for sharing the pics. Boyd was behind me videotaping the whole show. Hopefully he has plans to make something. I forgot to mention above that my wife gave Weston the ultimate compliment when she said,
"the drummer is really good". She does not give out compliments freely, believe me. Not having seen them live before though, I do have a question. Weston did a lot more (basically showing off his talent) on songs than with the EPs. Was this one of the things encouraged by Rob?
I'm just curious because I give it a thumbs up.

ricky g
Sea Post King

I haven't posted forever sheesh! I got the boot or something and lost my password. I know, pretty sad excuse. Anyway, went to both shows since I'm from S.D. county and all. Excellent, but I was very sad Soma didn't fill up. San Diego just doesn't understand. The DuPree family is awesome! Kinda talked to Kim forever so if she reads this I just want to say thanks for talking to me. I talked to her forever again at Troubadour and I got to meet grandma Very Happy Boyd, you were filming next to me the whole san diego show, but I didn't want to bother you. Sorry, I should have introduced myself or something. I did ask what the first song was though(lady of the wood, I think). Anyway great seeing the parents. Would've talked to the band but I didn't want to bother them.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

So Cal Oasis wrote:
Well Nick and Jessica have their own variety show on ABC, MTV has this new show called Pimp My Ride, and Comedy Central has started South Park the 8th season. Personally, i think the new South Park season is the best yet. Trey and Matt have their fingers on the pulse of pop culture and bash it to hell. One of my favorite current shows.

Ha! Good one. I agree that South Park is really good this season ... though seeing Eisley 3 times would be much better. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abductee
Laughing Citizen

pzykotic wrote:

haha yeah, I know what you mean..

i've never met anyone from the board, 'cause there's never been anyone from the board at the shows around the san fran area until after the brand new tour... but even when I'd introduce myself to the band i'd just say something like "uhh... er, hey i'm Brian.. uhh... you know.. abductee from the forum.. "

and then i'd feel like a total dweeb... so i'm sure the same will happen tonight..

hrm..

tonight? already? I should get some caclulus homework done so I don't have to worry about it eh? lame school..

ps... awesome pics..

i'll finally have a camera for an Eisley show... and i'm not letting any slims employee take mine away from me... jerks..

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
ali
since 1979

So Cal Oasis wrote:

haha, that was funny Very Happy

the hollow days
Golly, Poster

ill post more pictures later cause they are huge i have pictures form both the san diego show and the LA show both amazing and i totally love the new songs and im sad now that i can hear them till the album comes out its so depressing
i loved plenty of paper and vintage people i was sad they didnt play plenty of paper at the troubador i was so looking foward to it but i was let down Crying or Very sad

i think i was standing behind icurate in line to go in but i wasnt sure

Last edited by the hollow days on Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>