Laughing City

tough one isn't it? which do you prefer?
Star Wars, yeah!
18%
 18%  [ 5 ]
no, Lord of the Rings!
59%
 59%  [ 16 ]
ah! I can't decide!
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
sorry... not my slice of pie.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 27

Danadore
Sea Post King

hmm...? i know there's fans of both. i thought it would be interesting to see which had a bigger following.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
chaserbass
Sea Post King

Star Wars!!!

Unless later in the trilogy they give the hobbits some lightsabers to kick some butt with...then it would LOTR. but Star Wars!

"So far, I know who you are...but now, I'm wondering who I was. Perfect." -Perfect (Smashing Pumpkins)
keyboardplayer
Golly, Poster

WOW!!! thats a hard one

um....i'll went with i can't decide either one.
i loved star wars until the started to ruin the storyline with the prequels.....but i still love it.

i love the epic and granduer and imgination that is put forth and comes from the LOTR.

both stir the imagination; i can't decide

OH OH OH
another question:
who would win?
gandalf or darth vader?

jj

Joined: 06 Nov 2002 | Posts: 743 | Location: there are places i remember.....
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

star wars is classic, but the new ones crumble next to the lord of the rings, and besides lotr was good literature before it became good movies.
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

Thats like saying which is better Pizza or Lizonia(sp?)?
It can't be answered. You just know the both taste good. Wink

Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kris
Ubernerd Moderator

the tough questions of life.
i think LOTR is more of the craze right now, while star wars was great 20+ years ago.
i couldn't decide though.

as far as pizza v. lasagna goes...
that's another choice that i could not make...
though i would usually prefer my stepmom's homemade lasagna over... most anything... oh man. *drools*

FakePlasticPerson
Sea Post King

Had Episode 2 never been made, Star Wars may have gotten my vote. I haven't even read LOTR and I like it more now simply because of Episode 2.
It has tainted the GREAT name that was once Star Wars. Episode 1 even had better qualities to it.

gRegor
the gEek

My answer to the question wasn't on the poll...

Yes - Hey, why not both? Smile

It strikes me as almost blasphemous to say SW:EP2 (not to be confused with Moss Eisley:EP2) was worse than SW:EP1. But let's not open that can of worms again. Smile

SixfootYoda
Sea Post King

i picked LOTR because i just like its setting better...horses, swords, wizards, castles, mountains, all the cool scenery that we like. i'm still a big star wars fan, i mean, look at my member name, but LOTR just struck my fancy.....if i had my choice of being luke skywalker or aragon....i would pick aragon.....and, as someone had already pointed out, LOTR is great literature so you can play your own LOTR movie in your head while reading the book

andy

Jeff
Sea Post King

I voted for LOTR. I dunno, I have just always liked Tolkiens work.
However, "The Silmarillion" is my favorite of his. Its a really cool book if you havent read it.

Cat^^
Sea Post King

star wars w/ harrison ford in those tight...um yaah ook so this post will be rated G...Heheh i'm sorry but i love star wars even though i can't stand the "new" ones. I just really really really loved the old ones. I mean really. but i'm also the only person that loved daredevil before he became a movie. cat Embarassed
Sea Post King

george lucas screwed my cousin
in the whole star wars trilogy saga whatever
luke skywalker has been in movies like Jay and Silient Bob
princess lea is still a babe as carrie fisher
han solo picked up some nice roles as indianna jones
but chewbacca
poor wookie never had a chance
got offered a spot in a purina comercial
i'm not bitter
i'll just smother george in butter and eat him with some moss stew
i'll destroy his little starport
time to mark a pine tree
with my razor sharp teeth and toe nails........
JGroove
Sea Post King

Now that is a hard one, I choose AHHH I can't decide, basically because it woul dbe hands down Star Wars except Episode 1 and 2 have fallen short of my expectations. In my opinion 4, 5 and 6 were so much better done and seemed to hold there own even today with the limitied technology they had back then. But hell I own and love them all. Now there is one franchise I think you should add to this poll. The Matrix with 2 and 3 both comming out this year! Star Wars A New Hope was great when it first came out because it was like nothing any one has ever seen before. And many parodies have exsited since then. The Matrix I have always felt has been our generations Star Wars, liek nothing we have ever seen before.
Just my rambling on and 2 cents stuff.
-John

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

Did anyone go to the Spin 180 awards and see the interview with George Lucas? LOL!!!
Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...