Laughing City
letdowntourist
Lost at Forum

with all of the new developments and the record label and such, are you guys giving an official position on taping policies? it can be tricky since your material hasn't been released yet. i was wondering if you were allowed to have an open taping policy yet at your live shows.

love you all. see you saturday. i'm praying for yah.

justinlloyd

to what i did and said

piccysssssss
boyd
Eisleyoid

Justin. hey. for you? long time fan? tape it. I'll find out eventually if we're supposed to let people tape lives shows or not. If it's up to the band, who cares? It's the greatest form of flattery... what show are you coming to?

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
boyd
Eisleyoid

Oh, .... I almost forgot - the band signed tonight. yeah, so...everyone already knows by now anyway - Warner Brothers Records, of course; I'm not gonna make some big splashy announcement. (I did video tape it for the record). So, yeah... it's done now and there is much work to do. This no named band has an indie ep coming out soon and it'll be probably 9 months before they're in the studio for a full length with WB. So, during that time going to be a relentless schedule of touring, touring, touring....all over the US and writing, writing, writing...at home and all over the US.

As you might imagine, everybody is elated to be with the WB family. Our whole family were treated with such respect and their enthusiasm for the band - from the top down (Tom Walley - president) was almost unimaginable. They're an amazing group of people and, of course, the home of many great bands like the Flaming Lips, Fleetwood Mac, The Hives, R.E.M., Red Hot Chillie Peppers, Green Day, Tom Petty, Six Pence, Alanis Morsette, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, Deftones, Goo Goo Dolls, Bare Naked Ladies, Build to Spill, Madonna, and tons of new bands like Zwan, hot, hot heat....etc.

Anyway, like I said, WB totally loves the band...they get it - the music, the culture, the uniqueness....everything...exactly like we do; they're giving the Nettwerk and the band a great deal of freedom to build this naturally without the pressure for radio and all that. None of the things people have feared are even issues with WB. Look at The Flaming Lips career. You're seeing the depth and longlasting faith/patience that WB has with bands...they're very relational. Also, fyi - they were the only National label from what I've read that showed a profit last year. Most lost millions - one lost over a billion. so....it's all good; Nettwerk likes them, we like them....it's a good team. Now it's just time to get to work, right?

So there. You know stuff. See, nothing has changed. In fact, this has been the status since the first week in Jan. when we went to LA. I just wanted to make sure if was for real before announcing it...ok? I'm a little paranoid because of this name crap we're going through.....so, tonight, it's official.

I have to get back to the CD graphics for the ep.

love you guys.

boyd

Andrew
Lost at Forum

Ha I knew it you cant hide it from me...
but wait everyone knew so you guys need to keep your secrets more secret and not go and blab them on the internet.
Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1479 | Location: Dallas, Texas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andrew Hernandez
Sea Post King

Andrew wrote:
Ha I knew it you cant hide it from me...
but wait everyone knew so you guys need to keep your secrets more secret and not go and blab them on the internet.

If I'm not mistaken, they didn't blab WB on the internet. The Dallas Observer did. well...I Might Be Wrong.

Andrew Hernandez
http://www.sparingashes.com
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Dude Shocked did you not get the sarcasm... oh well Ill go back to being not cool some more
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sinead
Sea Post King

i know the signing saga has been going on for a while, but its always nice to finally get it down on paper. Good luck with it all! YAY! Oooh, as i live 'across the pond' do you think there is any chance of your EP being available over here?? i'd even pay for an extortionately priced import in HMV!! you should really think about mail order...!!!

keep smiling Very Happy
Sinead xxxxxxxx
Joined: 30 Jan 2003 | Posts: 74 | Location: Northamptonshire, UK!!!
sc0tt
Golly, Poster

So its out... as if you guys didn't know. I knew.. (: It really sounds like a good desicion. I cannot wait for the laughing city ep to be released by the band (whatever the might call themselves.) I hope to see you guys on saturday.
Andrew Hernandez
Sea Post King

Andrew wrote:
Dude Shocked did you not get the sarcasm... oh well Ill go back to being not cool some more

No, I didn't get that sarcasm (until now obviously)...I just thought you were weird. Razz

I have been on the Decapolis board for a while, and they take the cake for sarcasm. Try it: http://www.decapolis.com

Hey, by the way, I kind of met you at the club 412 show but not really. We didn't talk, but I was right by you when someone was talking to you so I knew you were the Andrew from the board. I was talking to Boyd in the back for a couple minutes after the show.
Last edited by Andrew Hernandez on Wed Feb 12, 2003 5:33 am; edited 1 time in total
selfsame singer
Golly, Poster

Boyd,

How's the deal? Is it really good one?

Joined: 23 Dec 2002 | Posts: 719 | Location: Somewhere over the rainbow closest to Dallas...
Last edited by selfsame singer on Thu Feb 13, 2003 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Andrew
Lost at Forum

Andrew you were right about the weird thing and yes you did see me and yes I am Andrew not anyone whos posing as a Andrew just so I can be cool.
pat kauchick
Sea Post King

boyd,

we should rent an old hippie bus and call it the moss express and have all the mossboarders head out to coachella.when in march will ep be out ?surely by sxsw.of course you will have advance copies,eh. any progress on the name? what about moss since thats what we call the band anyway?

pat
boyd
Eisleyoid

to above questions:

good deal. (record)

good idea. (hippie bus)

I get on after only missing a day and there's 5,280 posts - A MILE OF THREADs! ok. that's my standard exaduration and I can't even spell exxaduration, but you get my mind.