0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Video games are for geeks
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 13

CHRIS~!
Golly, Poster

I am addicted to my gameboy...it has replaced reading books before going to bed.
BK
Laughing Citizen

I have a Gameboy Advance, Gamecube, and I plan on buying an XBox sometime after summer. I LOVE to play games. Sometimes, though, I have to force myself to take breaks.
Laughing Citizen

i play a lot of computer games.. lemme see.. :

tribes 2, battlefield 1942, warcraft 3, America's Army, and uhh that's ir really..

I also play grand theft auto 3 on playstation and splintercell on xbox (my dad likes video games so he gets games and since he works a lot I get to play them most of the time hehe..

hmm but lately i haven't really played any games actually.. :-/ but yes, i'm a major geek, oh well...

Joined: 05 Nov 2002 | Posts: 1640 | Location: California....
gRegor
the gEek

Don't get an Xbox, for the love... please. :-]
BK
Laughing Citizen

gRegor wrote:
Don't get an Xbox, for the love... please. :-]

Gots ta, needz my Halo and voice-chatting/online play.... among other things...

the gEek

And we mourn another poor soul Wink hehe
BK
Laughing Citizen

I'd buy a PS2, but that would leave me broke after buying/renting all the games that I'd want to play.
Laughing Citizen

dude, gregor, I love the xbox we've got.. it doesn't have many fun games, a lot of them are very linear, and just not fun.. but the graphics kick ass, way better than playstation 2, i'm not sure about gamecube, because i've never played it..

but the controlers are the best as well, they're strange to use for about 2 minutes, but then you reallize that they're tons better than playstation controllers (again, I don't know about gamecube)

plus you don't need any memory cards...

but yes, xbox is sweet, I enjoy it very much Smile Wink

Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

As an advid supporter of Nintendo products and everything zelda, I'd like to comment that.. what are you thinking abductee? The xbox, while it has grand graphics, the games aren't so good.. as you just said. Well, well. cry. I really think you should at least play a gamecube. Maybe a little super smash brothers, some mario sunshine, lots of pikmin, and maybe you can beat me to the purchase of the new zelda that just came out.. drooolll slobber more drooling.

Hook pikmin up to a digital tv and play in wide screen mode. Talk about graphics. (I've never done it.. please take pictures Mr. Green)

Run from the xbox. Evil micro$oft. Evil wannabe console. Remember yar's revenge on the atari 2600? Terrible graphics.. but sure was fun!!! Not implying that the gamecube graphics are nothing short of greatness... but that's not the point here.

gRegor
the gEek

I have a hard time comparing system graphics, particularly when it's different games entirely. In other words, I can't say I've really noticed a lot of difference between PS2, XBox, and Gamecube graphics - I've enjoyed each one of them. I'd venture they're all on pretty equal footing graphically, it just depends on the games and game designers. GTA 3 & Vice City have superb graphics and gameplay (PS2), as does Medal of Honor: Frontline (Gamecube).

Anyway.. I don't have much experience with the Xbox. It's more of "the principle of the matter", being that it's Microsoft. And I've played w/ their controllers more than two minutes, and still think they're crap - unless you need a large clunky paperweight.

But it's cool, to each their own. Very Happy

gRegor
the gEek

Unregistered's got my back.
abductee
Laughing Citizen

well, my dad's company gave microsoft a bunch of software to microsoft, so microsoft gave his company a bunch of free xbox games, so that's why we got one hehe.. ahowever we paid for halo and I paid for splinter cell.

anyway nintendo is fun, but xbox isn't a wanna be console, i've got a feeling that the next release of xbox is gonna kick major ass.. right? right..

BK
Laughing Citizen

Zelda's great, been playing since the NES days. The new one is currently my favorite game. About the XBox though, they do have good games, if the games are your style. I love FPS's, I love the XBox. GC has some good FP games (Nightfire, Metroid Prime, Metal of Honor, ect.), but XBox has a some that GC won't and has them with better multiplayer capabilities (IMO).
Laughing Citizen

that's true bk, my dad really likes racing games, and they look just as good as the computer versions, which is cool..
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

oooh BK, i forgot about metroid prime.... how how could I?

Ya'll make good points.. but I have to stick to my princephulls.

I ment "wannabe console" in the way that it's a computer in a box. Not a console.. not a console... not a console... you are getting sleepy.. not a console.. not a console...Neutral