Laughing City
garpk
Sea Post King

Snow Patrol will be playing with Eisley in Houston, TX On October 12 at the Meridian

Meridian is a new concert club in downtown Houston.

The venue is awesome. It is clearly the best music club in Houston. The city really needed this place.

They have three great rooms with views of Downtown Houston. The main room has incredible concert sound. They now just opened a ticket office. I purchased tickets at their box office and avoided paying ticket master charges.

Check out the website at:

www.meridianhouston.com
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Are the lights good? Do they tolerate photographers? I want to know because I want to take pictures. Heh. I guess I'll call them, though ... Thanks for the link. Very Happy

Will we see you there?

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

I checked out their website a while back, and it looks like a nice place. I'm looking forward to going there. The Engine Room sucks.

I wish I had gotten tickets at the box office. Ticketmaster is crazy with the added fees. But driving to Houston is a hassle. Oh well.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

I found out about a free concert at the meridian for a band called lil' capt travis. And I went.

The lighting is good antrider. I remember the stage was lit nicely and you could see everyone quite well. The sound is great I think. Well, the slide guitar that night was sooo good. It made me want to cry. They hire a sound company to come run the sound (i asked about a soundboard job).

It seems eisley will play in the red room. The room I was in was painted red.. so I guess that's the room. Wink There isnt a windowed view to houston in that one.

The stage is not high like emos. There isnt a back stage. It has that intimate dan's silverleaf vibe. Though, two enormous towers of speaker sit, one on each side, in front of the front edges of the stage.. so you cant really get close diagonally if you want to see everything. The room is deeper than wide and has tall tables with tall chairs along the middle. Everyone was sitting.

To boyd and yall: this might help going there.. look for a big wharehouse-like two story building with an iron stairway (on the right on chartres st. .. chartres IS the name of the feeder on that side of 59.. i was so confused). The only sign I saw was a small paper one stuck in ground, right after the building, that directed me to Meridian parking.

Code:

(parking lot)
   ||               ||   
  ================================   
   ||                          ||
   ||   -----------------      (parking lot)
   ||   |               |
   ||   | meridian      | * entrance
   ||   |               |* (elevator, to load equipment up?)
   ||   |               |
   ||   |               |
   ||   |               |
   ||   |               |
   ||   |               |
   ||   |               |
   ||   -----------------
   ||
   ||(sign)
============chartres==========================
                          N  <- 59
                                59 -> S

national phenomenon
Golly, Poster

I've been there and I like it a lot.
garpk
Sea Post King

The Houston Press just awarded The Meridian the Best New Club Award. It should be a great show. Lets get a great crowd to welcome Eisley and Snow Patrol to Houston at the best new club in town.

Due to great tivket sales, Eisley and Snow Patrol will be playing in the main room "The Prime Meridian" so for sure we will have a great crowd there!!!

Check out the website at:

www.meridianhouston.com
AearTeilu
Sea Post King

woot! I'll be there.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Hey, is there anyone going from East Texas who can give me a ride? I hate the idea of negociating Houston ... Neutral

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rmlawrence
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Hey, is there anyone going from East Texas who can give me a ride? I hate the idea of negociating Houston ... Neutral

Just go for it, man! Once you get comfortable making the drive... you'll never have to rely on somebody ever again.

I'd give you a ride, but I'm south of Houston.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
NEFARIOC
Sea Post King

I will be there.....I have yet to see them in concert and look forward to it. Smile
Sea Post King

this show is going to rock. i haven't missed an eisley performance in houston and i got my ticket for this one yesterday
NEFARIOC
Sea Post King

How much are they? and where did you get them? Question
Vintage Newbie

http://www.meridianhouston.com/

Click on the Concerts button, scroll down to the Oct. 12th date, and their is a link to purchase tickets for this show. Smile
Sara89
Golly, Poster

My dad just got the tickets yesterday, can't wait!
garpk
Sea Post King

On Friday, when I went to purchase tickets at The Meridian, the Meridian was out of advance tickets. They hope to get some more tickets on Monday. It should be a great show. I was told if I don't have a ticket to show up early to be safe. I may buy tickets on ticketmaster as they are available there.