Laughing City
suvagirl
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
I don't really feel like paying Fray ticket prices to see five Eisley songs. Sad I'm sure the headlining tour is gonna be sweet, though.

yeah, same here. No tickets at the Nokia sell for under $35! I'll tag along if my fray-loving friends decide to go, otherwise I'm probably gonna have to skip this one. Sad

On a better note, this should give 'em a ton of exposure, I know a billion people that love the fray (for some reason or another) Rolling Eyes
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I don't think anyone should worry about missing them on this tour, as there will be what I'm sure is a comprehensive headlining tour immediately before or after. So if you miss them with The Fray, I'm sure you'll have a great chance of seeing them soon.

And a Shins tour would be flippin' sweet.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

suvagirl wrote:
Saellys wrote:
I don't really feel like paying Fray ticket prices to see five Eisley songs. Sad I'm sure the headlining tour is gonna be sweet, though.

yeah, same here. No tickets at the Nokia sell for under $35! I'll tag along if my fray-loving friends decide to go, otherwise I'm probably gonna have to skip this one. Sad

On a better note, this should give 'em a ton of exposure, I know a billion people that love the fray (for some reason or another) Rolling Eyes

If you're talking about the Nokia in Dallas/Grand Prairie, I've payed like $30 for tickets including the service charges for a show or two there. Although, the last time The Fray came through town at Will Rogers, their tickets were $40 and that's a sucky venue.

suvagirl
Sea Post King

Meggers wrote:
suvagirl wrote:
Saellys wrote:

If you're talking about the Nokia in Dallas/Grand Prairie, I've payed like $30 for tickets including the service charges for a show or two there. Although, the last time The Fray came through town at Will Rogers, their tickets were $40 and that's a sucky venue.

yeah, that's the one I'm talkin about. All the ones I've been to there have been between 35-40! Bleh, of course I have to like the *expensive* bands. Rolling Eyes

I do like the Nokia though, it has killer air conditioning for being so huge! Somehow I can't see them going *down* in price by upgrading the venue...
pzy
Wookie Luke

Looks like Eisley's playing Paste's exclusive invite-only SXSW party along with some other cool bands:

http://www.pastemagazine.com/action/article?article_id=3897

JBaker
Vintage Newbie

Seriously, all you have to do is look around this board to realize that a lot of people who like Eisley also seem to like a whole lot of bad music. So it's hard to say that a tour like this would be unproductive.

I won't go, because the Fray basically have one song with different lyrics.
I swear to God, for the longest time I thought the song went, "Everyone says I'm in over my head, over my head, yadda da dada dada, yadda da, how to save a life."
Seriously, try singing one chorus to the other song. It fits almost perfectly.

But yeah, I'm not going to pay big money to see Eisley at a large venue for half an hour.
Can't wait for headlining though.

Jazmin
Sea Post King

Yeah, the Greek Theatre in L.A. is huge. So I've heard. I don't like big venues. The sound isn't as great and I can't afford $35 to see Eisley if they're gonna play like 5 songs. Hopefully they go on a headlining tour soon.
Joined: 18 Jan 2007 | Posts: 452 | Location: Los Angeles, CA
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

A few of these shows are up for presale on Ticketmaster.

boyd
Eisleyoid

ahh, save yer money...
big shmig. yes, the band will
probably sound fairly awesome
w/ ginorous line-array speakers...
in an amphitheatre, but... there's
nothing like a mid-sized venue
to put us all in one music mind.
not saying don't go... but, do
what your pocket book dictates.

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Kimmy
Sea Post King

I want to see them in Atlanta, all my friends are Fray lovers. But I think I would rather see Eisley on a headlining tour. But hey, If my friends decide to go... Very Happy
Meggers
Vintage Newbie

According to Ticketmaster the Dallas show has been moved to Smirnoff Music Center. The Fray's presale for the show starts on Monday. Ticketmaster Link

golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

boyd wrote:
ahh, save yer money...
big shmig. yes, the band will
probably sound fairly awesome
w/ ginorous line-array speakers...
in an amphitheatre, but... there's
nothing like a mid-sized venue
to put us all in one music mind.
not saying don't go... but, do
what your pocket book dictates.

Boyd gets a thousand gold stars.
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

well, i just heard "eisley" come out of the tv during a commercial break commercialing this tour! It was weird and amazing! Confused
jdstories
Vintage Newbie

It has been far too long since I have seen Eisley, and I clearly don't have enough money to catch them during SXSW. I was thinking of either catching the Dallas or Houston shows. I think the show at the Woodlands would be nice because the venue would be awesome since only rich people live in the Woodlands, but there should be more and cooler Eisley fans at the Dallas show. I am confused though because ticketmaster lists the Dallas location differently than Eisley's or The Fray's website. I'd hate to buy tickets and then get screwed out of seeing Eisley and $90 because of a technicality (which is exactly what ticketmaster would do). Ticketmaster lists the Dallas show at Smirnoff Music Centre (strange since we Americans spell it 'Center'). Can anyone tell me if this is the same venue or clear this up for me somehow?

JD

brighterthansunshine
Sea Post King

Yeah, the show in Dallas was originally listed at Nokia, but it switched to Smirnoff. I got my pre-sale tickets on Monday for my girlfriend and I, so we'll be there July 12. We have some pretty nice seats, row P in the first section. I can't wait to hear more songs off the new album.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>