Laughing City
boyd
Eisleyoid

Radio. hmmm... what can it all mean? What will it mean for Eisley? I fear this new realm somehow... Am I justified? I'll write about it in a new post i suppose.

By the way... i LOVE, love, LOVED that song. Great name. I agree. "Red Rubber Ball". Oh wow... you guys need to hear it. It was co-written by Paul Simon and some dude from The Seekers - and offered (by Paul Simon) to The Cyrkle since they were opening for Simon And Garfunkle on a tour. The Cyrkle also toured w/ the Beatles. wow... memories. How this Brings me back to 113 Kim Drive as a kid... 1966.

I just wrote about a memory connected to this song, but I think I'll save it for a boydblog; tie it in with another discussion that I've been wanting to have about radio. This post sparked my interest in the discussion. Thanks!

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

You lost me Boyd.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Russell
Golly, Poster

Red Rubber Ball is being re-released? I have the original, it's okay.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

DRMS_7888 wrote:
You lost me Boyd.

In reference to:

http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=28709

I think as long as Eisley gains radio and MTV on their terms, it's awesome. And as long as it's not expected of them to keep reaching that place. Like Radiohead. They've had Creep and Karma Police, but no one expects them to knock out another radio hit. But they may or may not do it again.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

the three thinks:

i think alot of people will say they dont want the mtv and the like exposure because of the toddler approach aka "it's my eisley! MINE!" that alot of people take with their favorite bands.

i think its important that eisley get out on the radio though because they have a great sound that i think could really be liked on a lot of different stations.

i think the thing that is most important is to keep that approachable, small time band feel. thats really what helps make eisley so likeable (besides their actual music of course).

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

rockchick1959 wrote:

i think alot of people will say they dont want the mtv and the like exposure because of the toddler approach aka "it's my eisley! MINE!" that alot of people take with their favorite bands.

My problem with this is, the larger the group of people that go to see a band, the stupider the group becomes as a whole. I went to a show last night and Mae was one of the bands playing. The whole time they played, I got punched, elbowed, stepped on, and involuntarily pushed back and forth, and a group of about 10 people were actually shoved to the ground. and this was during Mae. a band whose music I consider to be relatively calm and beautiful. I just want to go see bands and not get squished. I hope my point is seen here. maybe people just need to learn how to act at concerts.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

I think in general as indie fans we all fear over exposure.

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
boyd
Eisleyoid

so THIS is where this post went. stupid, bad boyd. I dunno what i did. Thought I was posting on Red Rubber Ball's post about "eisley on the radio". sorry!

But... yes. good comments. I want these comments on my current post in Trolleywood if possible. I especially liked the one about the larger - the stupider. yikes.

Also.. i don't think eisley's crowd will ever be pushing and shoving, right? hmm... interesting thought.

boyd

"The industrialists never saw the fruit of their own labor - Post Moderism,
which I now proclaim as dead. Their forefathers digital revolutionists,
have accelerated the final resolve by punctuating an end to our chaotic
journey with a new manifesto and a new era: The Age of Meaning."

(manifesto's sold separate)
Welcome: Illuminists
Last edited by boyd on Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sea legs
Vintage Newbie

... and for a second I felt cool.

Laughing Wink

virb
Joined: 28 Sep 2005 | Posts: 2290 | Location: Missouri loves me.
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

boyd wrote:

But... yes. good comments. I want these comments on my current post in Trolleywood if possible. I especially liked the one about the larger - the stupider. yikes.

Also.. i don't think eisley's crowd will ever be pushing and shoving, right? hmm... interesting thought.

boyd

I'm sorry if that was a little too blunt...I didn't mean that the people as individuals are stupid, just that in a large crowd people tend to not use common sense and neglect to respect others. I seriously hope Eisley's crowds don't become like that, as was mentioned. and now I feel like a meanie Embarassed

oh and I think that if you want to see the band up close, as in being in the front row, you shouldn't have to worry about serious bodily harm. i don't like the notion that if you want to remain unharmed, you have to stand in the back and squint.

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

guitargirl wrote:
boyd wrote:

boyd

I'm sorry if that was a little too blunt...I didn't mean that the people as individuals are stupid, just that in a large crowd people tend to not use common sense and neglect to respect others. I seriously hope Eisley's crowds don't become like that, as was mentioned. and now I feel like a meanie Embarassed

oh and I think that if you want to see the band up close, as in being in the front row, you shouldn't have to worry about serious bodily harm. i don't like the notion that if you want to remain unharmed, you have to stand in the back and squint.

I guess that depends on the crowd that gathers. I mean, I was perfectly fine at the front at a 1500 people strong crowd of Midlake followers. I had room to dance and groove about! Laughing I nearly died when we went vaguely near the middle of Muse. I was at the front of the second barrier at Coldplay, and again, I nearly died. Great fun though! I was crushed during Eisley but that's because I was with a heck load of 14 year old Emos...

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
stars on sticks
Sea Post King

Yeahh because of my location -- that being Orlando, FL -- large crowds and security could suck. There's over 2 million people in this area and the kind of crowds it usually draws to big shows are usually rude, or those people that are there for the just the hit song, etc. I would tough it out, though.
stars on sticks
Sea Post King

rockchick1959 wrote:

i think the thing that is most important is to keep that approachable, small time band feel. thats really what helps make eisley so likeable (besides their actual music of course).

That's exactly what I'm hoping for. I hope they get big, I just want that approachable feel you mentioned. I love that about Eisley (next to the music, of course)
PurpleCloud93
Lost at Forum

"And I've never painted daisies on a big red rubber ball! And I've never kissed a chipmunk and I don't look good in leggins'...and I've never been to Boston in the fall!"

That song? Wink

redrubberball
Sea Post King

Hey Boyd!

Thank you for the compliments on my username! I didn't think anyone would know what it meant. But, yeah, Red Rubber Ball is one of my favorite songs(obviously, or I wouldn't have used it as my username). My uncle told me about the history of the song once and I suppose one of the reasons I love the song(other than it's amazing) has something to do with the fact that Paul Simon co-wrote it because I love Simon and Garfunkel(people find that really strange because of my age, I'm just 20. But good music is good music, no matter when it was made). S and G's music is so entrancing and beautiful.

Another story similar to that is the song "San Francisco" which was written by John Phillips from the Mamas and the Papas, who are mind-blowingly talented, for the band's friend, Scott McKenzie. The song was released in 1967(aka, the year of the summer of love) and the rest is history. That is another amazing song that gives me chills although it's overused. And Boyd, it's so cool you mentioned my thread on Trolleywood! The moment I read it I grabbed anyone and everyone and made them read your blog(and LC posts). Awesome! Thanks!

goto page
 | next >>