Laughing City
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

actually i think puffy cheeks are endearing.

this whole idea that puffy is bad is a modern one. I don't prefer the thin look of modern models, in fact, my concept of beauty is raphaelite , if thats a word.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

ZenArtist wrote:
actually i think puffy cheeks are endearing.

this whole idea that puffy is bad is a modern one. I don't prefer the thin look of modern models, in fact, my concept of beauty is raphaelite , if thats a word.

I just think "puffy" has a negative connotation. it's like telling someone they look like a chipmunk. you just don't say it. "baby" cheeks, or a round face, are nicer ways to put it. anyway, they all sort of have it. in fact, I wish I had cheeks like the duprees, i think they're adorable, and it only makes them prettier than they already are.

anyway. back on topic: I really want to hear this Telescope Eyes. Nora, when did she do it? the San Diego show?
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Yeah, i wanna watch some videos of the times when they switched too! It'd be so cool. Sherri and Stacy have such amazing voices, I can't favour one over the other.
I still find it weird, when I watch old perfomances of ICBT4U, and see Stacy singing Chauntelle's solo part; it just seems too perfect for Chauntelle. Chauntelle's singing FTW!!!
mykatjim
Sea Post King

TheAntrider wrote:
I've heard Sherri cover almost an entire show for Stacy when she had pneumonia. Sherri is really underrated as a singer. And Stacy is a trooper. ha.

are you talking about the gypsy tea room show in dallas in '05? i remember stacy had some infection that night. she did sing but she wasn't 100% on.
Joined: 08 Nov 2003 | Posts: 201 | Location: arlington, texas
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

mykatjim wrote:
TheAntrider wrote:
I've heard Sherri cover almost an entire show for Stacy when she had pneumonia. Sherri is really underrated as a singer. And Stacy is a trooper. ha.

are you talking about the gypsy tea room show in dallas in '05? i remember stacy had some infection that night. she did sing but she wasn't 100% on.

That was it. It was pneumonia. She sang, but Sherri covered a lot for her.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

On final noises I know the talk was that several of them were getting sick on the tour, but at least they had 2 lead singers so they could continue on most likely no matter how bad it got. I know Chauntelle was sick on that tour, too. The show I saw had them both singing their own parts (in Chicago that tour).

Saellys wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:
Chauntelle show please.

My next Photoshopping task: An altered Chappelle Show poster. Wink

Looking forward to that one! Laughing We really need a photoshop thread here (though I don't have photoshop). Great fun with that at other boards I used to go to.
norad
Vintage Newbie

nevernever wrote:
I really want to hear this Telescope Eyes. Nora, when did she do it? the San Diego show?

It was at the show where Sherri's voice went out. I think it was San Diego. That Lighting Conspirators video Boyd made has clips from that show. Marvelous things and Just Like We Do...there might have been some other songs from that show in the video. Not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNB84X9JadM
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

patrock wrote:
nevernever wrote:
I really want to hear this Telescope Eyes. Nora, when did she do it? the San Diego show?

It was at the show where Sherri's voice went out. I think it was San Diego. That Lighting Conspirators video Boyd made has clips from that show. Marvelous things and Just Like We Do...there might have been some other songs from that show in the video. Not sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNB84X9JadM

yeah, that's the clip I mentioned before. I didn't realize there was a Telescope Eyes, Stacy-version, but now that I think about it, there obviously must have been!

man, I should've gone to that show. That was the night after the show I saw, that year.
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
ZenArtist
Golly, Poster

but i like the word puffy! how dare you say it has a negative connotation. that might hurt the word's feelings. have you thought about that?