Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>

Will the Cubs win the World Series in 2008?
Yes
15%
 15%  [ 8 ]
No
84%
 84%  [ 45 ]
Total Votes : 53

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

BNROCKS wrote:
kulvir wrote:
The Red Sox had to overcome a 3-0 deficit before finally winning the championship. Maybe the Cubs are on a similar path?

The obnoxious accented annoying Bahston Red Sawx fan in me thinks this will never happen.

Also, Manny and Lowe make the Dodgers a better post season team than the Cubbies.

I'm not saying it's going to happen. I'm just saying I'm still holding out hope. Because 1 out of 20 times or so, the Cubs would pull this off. As far as Lowe goes, I doubt we will see him again until game 5.
dannychair
Golly, Poster

As a Los Angeles native, this may be one of the first times in my life that I'm actually (god forbid) kind of rooting for the Dodgers. I wonder how many other people here in LA feel the same way?

Nightmare
Vintage Newbie

I loved the Dodgers back when Mike Piazza played. I was born in LA. Haven't followed them too much though.
Joined: 28 Apr 2005 | Posts: 3505 | Location: In your dreams
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Very Happy Very Happy
gundamit
Golly, Poster

dannychair wrote:
As a Los Angeles native, this may be one of the first times in my life that I'm actually (god forbid) kind of rooting for the Dodgers. I wonder how many other people here in LA feel the same way?
I believe all Dodger fans are as passionate about the team as you. Laughing
Vintage Newbie

Sox up 2-0 after 2 away games against a 100 team win that won 8/9 games against them this season.

Amazing.

Hey MLB, scared? You should be.
bruceleedisciple
Golly, Poster

gundamit wrote:
dannychair wrote:
I believe all Dodger fans are as passionate about the team as you. Laughing

While baseball isn't on the top of my lists of sports I like to follow, I consider myself a big Dodger fan. If they make it to the world series, then cool. If they don't I won't be crushed by it.

www.myspace.com/georgeproject

www.purevolume.com/jesusworshiper
Joined: 02 Sep 2005 | Posts: 674 | Location: los angeles california
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Poor Cubs ... But I'm exceedingly happy for Joe Torre and co.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Another wasted post-season. Soriano is worhless in the post-season. Trade him at the trade deadline next year, please.

Too many walks in game 1, too many errors in game 2, and lack of offense in all 3 games. Another bad playoff series. Makes me sick.

Thread title next year will be Baseball season is here again, or something like that. Laughing
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
Another wasted post-season. Soriano is worhless in the post-season. Trade him at the trade deadline next year, please.

Too many walks in game 1, too many errors in game 2, and lack of offense in all 3 games. Another bad playoff series. Makes me sick.

Thread title next year will be Baseball season is here again, or something like that. Laughing
I feel your pain as my NHL team has never won a Stanley Cup in it's 38 year history. I think you should use reverse psychology and name next year's thread Cubs -- This is not the Year Thread 2009!!!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I feel like the Cubs might have been swept up in all their post season hype, and ignored the powerful threat a hot Dodgers team poses. Newly hot teams blaze in post seasons (just look at the Marlins both times, the champion Angels, Detroit, the first Red Sox champion team and about 99 percent of Wild Card champs in general). It seems almost like they were blindsided and still haven't figured out what just happened.

Anyway, I think they'll be ok as long as they learn their lessons and don't just blow the team apart in a panic.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
I feel like the Cubs might have been swept up in all their post season hype, and ignored the powerful threat a hot Dodgers team poses.

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES on September 26th wrote:
Right about now, I would prefer Cubs get Mets in the first round instead of Dodgers. Dodgers with the Torre, Mattingly and Bowa braintrust, along with Manny, is a scary first round matchup.

I saw this coming a mile away. If the Cubs didn't see the Dodgers coming on strong at the end, then someone needs to be fired.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Very Happy Very Happy Sad
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

kulvir wrote:
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:

I feel your pain as my NHL team has never won a Stanley Cup in it's 38 year history. I think you should use reverse psychology and name next year's thread Cubs -- This is not the Year Thread 2009!!!

I have sympathy, too. I'm a die hard fan of 4 sports teams: the Portland Trailblazers of the NBA, the Oregon Ducks football and basketball teams, and the San Francisco Giants (which makes me even more mad the Dodgers won because I hate the Dodgers...), and none of them have won a championship in my lifetime. The Blazers have one championship in their history, back in '77, although I see multiple championships in their near future Very Happy . The Ducks football team has never won a national championship, but I think they could win one in the next decade. The Ducks basketball team won the very first NCAA tournament, but that was way back in 1939. I think they, too, could win the NCAA tournament in the next decade or so. They are building a brand new stadium that should attract recruits. And then there are the Giants, who have never won the World Series since they moved to San Francisco in 1958. They were close in 2002, but lost in 7 games to the Angels.

I'm going to be so happy to finally witness one of my teams attaining glory. And I'm pretty sure it will happen soon with the Blazers. They have quite a squad built up. Even the coaching staff and front office staff are stars (head coach Nate McMillan just won a gold medal as an assistant to Coach Krzyzewski in Beijing, and general manager Kevin Pritchard is known as one of the great young GM's in the league).

Anyway, sorry about your Cubs...
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Smile Smile Sad Very Happy Bingo!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>