Laughing City
kitty anne
Sea Post King

Haven't you ever felt as if in your music life there was this little thing missing?Spending such a long time looking for the perfect song that would bring the glow of music back. When the music that is "in" seems to satisfy the world and it doesn't satisfy you, you suddenly remember a good song you used to listen to all the time. You go to a music listening website searching for other music thats almost as good or even better to the one you used to like.
And you were right.There you find the best music.You start downloading those songs or buying albums.Then you put all that good music in your ipod or mp3.And then, suddenly, out of nowhere,youre ipod dissapears and your computers erases all the great music you used to have saved.

You buy yourself a new mp3 or ipod and you spent months,maybe years looking for all that great music you used to listened to.And then,while looking for the music you used to have. you find a video in youtube named "51 things i found in my room".While youre looking at this extremely random video you notice the song in the background of the video.You love it.And so you look for the artist of this song and ,BOOM!!
You're in the awesome world os EISLEY.
That spark you were looking for has been found.Eisley changes the way you look at music.True story.Mine.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

OIC.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

You know what I haven't had in a while? Big Leauge Chew.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

League.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

It's great to find a band that really has "it," and gets you thrilled about music again. I'm glad you've found it in Eisley! Smile They definitely were a jolt for me, and still are.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Uhm... I will be the tactless person and just point out that your message is lovely, but doesn't this belong in your very own thread about when and where you first heard Eisley??? Neutral

Not saying it has to go their, just lettin' you know, you made a perfect place for this post over there, and then up and put it over here, away from all us less poetic losers who just heard em' on launch, or cable or somethin'. We're not worthy? Confused

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
Uhm... I will be the tactless person and just point out that your message is lovely, but doesn't this belong in your very own thread about when and where you first heard Eisley??? Wink

Not saying it has to go their, just lettin' you know, you made a perfect place for this post over there, and then up and put it over here, away from all us less poetic losers who just heard em' on launch, or cable or somethin'. We're not worthy? Laughing

maybe a little harsh. but essentially true.
also although I think those emoticons were intended to take the edge off things, they're just making me jumpy.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
wilsmith wrote:
Uhm... I will be the tactless person and just point out that your message is lovely, but doesn't this belong in your very own thread about when and where you first heard Eisley??? Neutral

Not saying it has to go their, just lettin' you know, you made a perfect place for this post over there, and then up and put it over here, away from all us less poetic losers who just heard em' on launch, or cable or somethin'. We're not worthy? Confused

also although I think those emoticons were intended to take the edge off things, they're just making me jumpy.

Fixed. I was sleepy and needed a nap, and thought it was kinda whimsical and cool to see an enthusiastic poster like eisleyfan#####.

"jumpy." well, that just goes to show what you intend and what you project are never quite gonna come out how you expect. Oh well, I'm off to alienate others now that I've awoken from a new creepy radiohead song induced nap at the totally wrong part of the day.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
League.

Thanks! Very Happy

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
kitty anne
Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Uhm... I will be the tactless person and just point out that your message is lovely, but doesn't this belong in your very own thread about when and where you first heard Eisley??? :|

Not saying it has to go their, just lettin' you know, you made a perfect place for this post over there, and then up and put it over here, away from all us less poetic losers who just heard em' on launch, or cable or somethin'. We're not worthy? :?

Yes I know.It was an accident.I could have almost sworn I put this in my when and where post.Guess my mind was so into the message i dint even notice.Sorry.

Still,putting this message does not mean I'm understimating how you guys found out about eisley. We all have our ways.I dont think loosing my ipod and then founding about eisley was a good thing.Im just really happy about this band.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

airgirl wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Yes I know.It was an accident.I could have almost sworn I put this in my when and where post.Guess my mind was so into the message i dint even notice.Sorry.

Still,putting this message does not mean I'm understimating how you guys found out about eisley. We all have our ways.I dont think loosing my ipod and then founding about eisley was a good thing.Im just really happy about this band.

I was being silly and snarky, take me with a grain of salt. This bunch on the board is pretty witty and can be pretty curt at times, and I've drunk the Kool-Aid. Just figured I'd say something, knowing I was not taking myself serious, and not lash out if someone called me a prick, than someone else make the point, and then take offense to being called a prick.

As far as your discovery, it's a cool anecdote, and if this was a Board about David Garza, Splendor, Dovetail Joint, Sarah Harmer, or Sunny Day Real Estate I'd have a really cool story to tell about how I found the music too, but it's not On the upside, at least (I'm assuming here) your story doesn't also force you to recall an old flame that burned you... Consider that a major plus!

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

let me just take the time to say, welcome to laughing city airgirl! it takes a bit of time to get used to posting around here. i was such a noob when i first started hahahaha.

and i searched for that vid that u were talking about, and then i clicked that girl's vid about alice cullen hair. and i was like, wth is alice cullen. so i started searching and now i might just end up reading the twilight series. sherri shud be huppy. =)

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
vintage_snowflake wrote:
wilsmith wrote:

Fixed. I was sleepy and needed a nap, and thought it was kinda whimsical and cool to see an enthusiastic poster like eisleyfan#####.

"jumpy." well, that just goes to show what you intend and what you project are never quite gonna come out how you expect. Oh well, I'm off to alienate others now that I've awoken from a new creepy radiohead song induced nap at the totally wrong part of the day.

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Confused Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral Mr. Green Love

...I couldn't decide which one to use.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

Where did the glow go? Shocked

airgirl wrote:
BOOM!! You're in the awesome world os EISLEY..

Whewwww! Had me worried there. Wink
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Well, it has nothing to do witht he music of 'today' really...frankly that inda insults me. It has more to do with what the music industry has become; about the money. But that's only bands that are used of that perpose...most bands and singers aren't it's just that most of what you'll hear is that music that is advertised and spread throughout. I've always had a wierd feeling about listening to music that's like that. It always makes me feel liek it's not art like the singers are just performers and don't write the music...it's just the image. And I'm someone who sees something beautiful in what music and words are supposed ot be...art and something that gives off emotions and messages from the lyrics and the music.

But it really kinda pisses me off when people says 'these days' or 'now'a'days'...kinda biased...you just have to look deeper for the people that are true artists because you're most likely not gonna see a TV commercial advertising their next concert or whatever or hear them on the radio.

And some of the deepest and most beautiful lyrics and music I've heard have been modern; some of the most unique stuff i have heard is modern...that's another thing I value: uniqueness.

OK that was my rambling...if I don't do that I'll think about it forever...yes i do have mental problems lol

Anyways...I have posted this before, but before I started listening to Eisley I was trying to get into rock and goth/emo fashion because that's what's considered cool. I had always been more attracted to classic rock, soft rock, and alternative, but I wanted to change who I was to be cooler. I heard EIsley randomly while waking through the living room and watching the music video my sister had put on from AOL on demand.

I know Eisley is not underground at all and has a pretty big fan base, but I started getting into more indie music and started building an appreaciation for bands you don't really hear on the radio and bands most of the people you will meet have never heard of. It's kinda likea bias I suppose. But through EIsley I think I just started getting into music that i actually liked even music that wasn't indie or rock or alternatrive.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?