Laughing City
kitty anne
Sea Post King

my unrealistic dream tour would be: Eisley, Five iron frenzy, Keith Green, Sixpence none the richer and maybe Anathallo.
But since that group varys so widely in music, and Keith Green is dead, that is impossible.
So the realistic group would be: Eisley, Christie Dupree, Anathallo and possibly Sixpence none the richer.
amandamae
Sea Post King

i think i already commented in here, but i am going to do it again.

i think Lydia+Eisley would make a perfect match. also, I'm still pushing for Hanson.
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

kitty anne wrote:

So the realistic group would be: Eisley, Christie Dupree, Anathallo and possibly Sixpence none the richer.

I'd sure go see this ... Very Happy

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, now that the playing field has changed...

this 2010 available bands touring package would make since to me:

Christie Dupree (backed by the Brewtones ensemble)
Vedera
Eisley
the Cranberries

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

What's the Brewtones ensemble?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle and Guitar and Backing Vox, Todd on Guitar, Garron on Bass, and Weston on Drums... the was the ensemble that backed her at Brewtones, I just called it that as a "name" for the backing band. With Vedera playing 2nd they Chauntelle, Garron, and Weston get a break, so they're fresh for the Eisley set later on!

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
Well, now that the playing field has changed...

this 2010 available bands touring package would make since to me:

Christie Dupree (backed by the Brewtones ensemble)
Vedera
Eisley
the Cranberries

Dolores and the Cranberries! I love this list! Very Happy Throw in Sixpence None The Richer, and I'll be there for multiple venues...

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Chauntelle and Guitar and Backing Vox, Todd on Guitar, Garron on Bass, and Weston on Drums... the was the ensemble that backed her at Brewtones, I just called it that as a "name" for the backing band. With Vedera playing 2nd they Chauntelle, Garron, and Weston get a break, so they're fresh for the Eisley set later on!

Meh... I'd rather hear her solo than as Eisley 2.0.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

To each their own, but they sounded good together, and it didn't really sound like Eisley that much, it sounded more like... forgive me here "Country Indie Retro Pop."

You have to get past her voice sounding so much like her sisters, but the way the songs are put together still sound like "hers" just backed with full instrumentation. It was kinda like Joni Mitchell's Court and Spark Shucks, just give it a listen again!

Maybe I'm over the moon for these tunes, but they sounded so tight and balanced. What a treat.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Well, if that's all it is... just about anyone could play a rock beat or play the roots of chords on bass or fingerpick some chord progression.

It's just my opinion that finding permanent collaborating musicians independent of her connections would be ideal. I think creative and technical dissimilarity helps artists born out of shadows leave their shadows.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^true, but who's gonna pay for their gear, they transportation and lodging??? At this stage, cheap and convenient is the way to go! Laughing

I'm not suggesting this be a permanent band (like I did a while ago, albeit with Boyd drumming), but for a tour in the next 6 months, cause realistically that's when the next one will be, this is the easiest route. Given time who knows how those arrangements might develop? But just on a humbug it would be a treat to hear her doing more than singing a verse on I Wasn't Prepared...

Her solo performances are great, but sometimes it helps to have a band to shut up the crowd cause people are notoriously oblivious and belligerent to the first act on stage. Nothing like an acoustic sucker punch to get their attention.

It's not that I don't see your point, I just think with the line-up I was suggesting having a backing band would suit that group of bands common strengths.

I would rather slot Christie on a Tour with Mindy Smith if I had my drothers.

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Christie playing with that backing band didn't really sound like Eisley 2.0. I'd love to hear her backed up by a full band more often, actually.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

yea, surprisingly, the full band arrangements for Christie's songs sort of give them a pop-country feel. Sort of. It's definitely not Eisley 2.0, and in general her songs have a much more melancholy feel (not that that's bad.)
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:
uncreative wrote:
I think they should tour with an 80 piece orchestra...

Nice foreshadow. They didn't tour, but they play a gig with regional orchestra, =)

Haha, I actually posted that the morning after I was at that show. It was such a great show that I would have loved for it to be a touring thing so everyone else could enjoy it. Smile

I'm surprised that wasn't replied to until almost 10 months after I posted it. Laughing
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, I definitely think Christie works best solo. No offense to them, but the background band makes it all sound quite generic, in my opinion.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>