Laughing City
juan_diego
Sea Post King

uncreative wrote:
kitty anne wrote:
What do you think they would do if someone asked them to play Pretender? I was just wondering, since it's so old and, unlike the other songs on ep1, was not on ep2.

They hate that song.

hence the violent guitar throwing.

I think there's a video on YouTube where some guy requested to hear pretender and Sherri straight up said NOOOOO! I belive it's. Boyd recorded video of Golly Sandra.

uncreative
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:
uncreative wrote:
kitty anne wrote:
What do you think they would do if someone asked them to play Pretender? I was just wondering, since it's so old and, unlike the other songs on ep1, was not on ep2.

They hate that song.

hence the violent guitar throwing.

I think there's a video on YouTube where some guy requested to hear pretender and Sherri straight up said NOOOOO! I belive it's. Boyd recorded video of Golly Sandra.

I remember seeing a video from the December '07 acoustic show at Brewtones where their friend Tim (from Luvbeat) yells out Pretender and Sherri says "Shut up, Tim." Haha. I just tried finding it with no luck, though.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Pretender is a good song. I wonder why they hate it so much. It sounds a bit like they're doing an Alanis Morissette or Dolores O'Riorden impersonation with their voices though, so maybe that's why?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Nowhere Man wrote:
Pretender is a good song. I wonder why they hate it so much. It sounds a bit like they're doing an Alanis Morissette or Dolores O'Riorden impersonation with their voices though, so maybe that's why?

Probably because they were all really young when that song was written/recorded. It was a time when they were still playing around with their sound, and it's so drastically different from the sound they have now.

They do totally sound like Dolores in Pretender. Funny story actually, I played Pretender for my friend who HATES Eisley and told him it was a really, really old Cranberries song (he loves the cranberries) and he loved it! Hahaha, to this day he still belives its The Cranberries! I can't wait to throw it in his face that he has actually been enjoying Eisley this whole time! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

They do totally sound like Dolores in Pretender. Funny story actually, I played Pretender for my friend who HATES Eisley and told him it was a really, really old Cranberries song (he loves the cranberries) and he loved it! Hahaha, to this day he still belives its The Cranberries! I can't wait to throw it in his face that he has actually been enjoying Eisley this whole time! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The Cranberries connections +1

I think Invasion sounds a bit like a Cranberries type tune too, just a little...

Also, as far as singles.... there aren't that many honestly unless we're counting Itunes Eps:

Marvelous, Telescope and Invasion are the "Singles"

Like the Actors and Head Against the Sky are the Eps... that's only 5 songs.

If you throw in I Wasn't Prepared cause it had a vid and is a mini-anthem of sorts... that's 6 songs and not quite 22 minutes, so if they played all those, there would still be room for 6 more songs if they got stuck with a 45 minute set, but if they get an hour, well... at their average song length another 38 minutes is enough for them to play either of the LPs in entirety Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, it's unfortunate they hate it. Their sound was a lot better back then. The voices needed some work, though. I'd like to see their sound meet somewhere in the middle.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Just dipped back into the Old Works Playlist:

DREAM FOR ME, forgot how much I liked that song Mr. Green

This one just before Smarter would be an Excellent connect set

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
Yeah, it's unfortunate they hate it. Their sound was a lot better back then. The voices needed some work, though. I'd like to see their sound meet somewhere in the middle.

Sea Post King

wilsmith wrote:
Just dipped back into the Old Works Playlist:

DREAM FOR ME, forgot how much I liked that song Mr. Green

This one just before Smarter would be an Excellent connect set

I like Dream for me too, but I think it has weird words. I had it in my head last night before going to sleep, and thought I might end up dreaming of someone chasing me with a knife. I didn't though.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Very true. A lyrical Update wouldn't be a crime, but it's on them I guess? I mainly tune out the nuts and bolts of lyrics until I truly fall in love with a song, otherwise it can be anything thats not too distracting/ vulgar, and i'll be cool with it if it's sung melodically and in key. Sheesh, Kate Bush has a song where she recites Pi that I like, seriously, it's on the album Aerial.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
juan_diego wrote:
Nowhere Man wrote:

The Cranberries connections +1

I think Invasion sounds a bit like a Cranberries type tune too, just a little...

Also, as far as singles.... there aren't that many honestly unless we're counting Itunes Eps:

Marvelous, Telescope and Invasion are the "Singles"

Like the Actors and Head Against the Sky are the Eps... that's only 5 songs.

If you throw in I Wasn't Prepared cause it had a vid and is a mini-anthem of sorts... that's 6 songs and not quite 22 minutes, so if they played all those, there would still be room for 6 more songs if they got stuck with a 45 minute set, but if they get an hour, well... at their average song length another 38 minutes is enough for them to play either of the LPs in entirety Very Happy

Aha, but you're not factoring in the inevitable nightly 20 minute delays for equipment failure. Wink

marshking
Sea Post King

juan_diego wrote:
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
Where was it said that Ambulance won't be played until a headlining tour? I've heard nothing meantioned about that. I hope they stuff their set with new songs. That's what I want to hear. I also would love to hear them do an updated version of Pretender.

I belive Sherri said it on Twitter when she was having people ask her questions about the new album.

EDIT:
@wiresandwaves "a think yall will do Ambulance on nxt tour & is it painful or joyous to hear it?"- Probably on winter headlining tour. Both.
4:53 PM Aug 13th from web in reply to wiresandwaves

That was in response to me! Haha. I would really love to hear that song. I'm coming from Cleveland, Mississippi to Houston, Texas for that concert, but I really don't care what the heck they play. I just want to see them again. And again. And again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Silver Bugs Silver Bugs Silver Bugs
Lost at Forum

I want to hear some Head Against the Sky. I have yet to hear that song live, and its one of my favorites.
kitty anne
Sea Post King

Mooncutter wrote:
Silver Bugs Silver Bugs Silver Bugs

I had part of that song in my head the other day, and it took me forever to figure out which eisley song it was.