Laughing City
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
ync wrote:
am i the only one who hears "please don't get over me"?

That's what I thought it was.

I hear that, too. I guess we'll get official lyrics soon enough!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^Haha, yes. I actually heard that too but didn't look at all the lyrics she posted up. Too funny. I just ran through the verse and bridge but not the chorus. I hear "Don't get over me" too.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Jain
Sea Post King

Best song on the album. I don't even need to hear the rest of the album (although I did listen to all the clips on Amazon).

Really beautiful. Sherri should release a solo album.
megamanda
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
^Haha, yes. I actually heard that too but didn't look at all the lyrics she posted up. Too funny. I just ran through the verse and bridge but not the chorus. I hear "Don't get over me" too.

yep that's what i hear too

This song made me tear up a little bit grrrrreat song! can't wait to see them next wednesday!!

Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but based on a twitter post from "Eisley," is this supposed to be just a Garage Band demo???

I knew I heard extra vocal tracks and such, but I figured it was a recent special recording for Pure Volume or something. But a self-made demo? Shoot, this would be a demo I'd pay for. Sounds like we got a "two-fer," kids! (Two very different, but seemingly great versions of the same song!)

**and if it wasn't an old demo, then that's okay, still deserves a freakout days later...
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

^ It is a Garage Band made track but I don't think it's an old pre-studio demo. I remember they tweeted something not too long ago about recording acoustic stuff for promo and extras. The quality sounds really great though and the song is fantastic. I wonder if there's a steel guitar in there or if it's just voices or whistling possibly?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
The quality sounds really great though and the song is fantastic.

I was just discussing GarageBand with my husband tonight--that app has come a long way since I got my first Mac. Anyone with a Firewire recording interface and some decent mics can set up a home studio and turn out major label quality music with GarageBand (if they know how to mix and master). Eisley have so much practice demoing themselves, I'm not at all surprised that they got such stellar quality out of an "amateur" recording program.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address